Closed Unable to use optifine with Rev

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheFinnishFox

Summary of the problem Unable to use optifine with Rev

Pack Version 1.12.2

What is the bug? I have tried installing optifne many times both manually and automatically with the installer

Mod & Version Optifine latest release (1.12.2)

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? drag and drop the optifine jar file into the mods file of the modpack

Known Fix

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
optifine is known to not work well with mods, as such it doesn't surprise me if it doesn't work and there is nothing FTB can do about it.

A

anton779

it doesn't work with optifine because the gui scale is a line not a button trying to get a answer in my post about it

R

RitaMaSTeR

Optifine always worked in the FTB packs Ive played/tested I wonder why doesn't in this one..

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I totally understand why some want / need to use optifine in their setup - but:
Optifine isn't a part of the pack - neither is it supported from here. Therefor this is not a bug with the pack.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does Optifine still ship in different flavours? Last I checked, some were more aggressive than others (Ultra), while the less aggressive ones were more likely to play friendly with more mods.

R

RitaMaSTeR

Ive found a solution! Let me just elaborate a guide, but i got shaders and all the optifine features in FTB Rev on my server xD

EDIT:
Ok, its like this and sorry for my English.

Step one: use the vanilla launcher and start a normal game in 1.12.2 using a optifine profile, I've used the 12.2C7

Step two: Configure all the Video options you want to use in the FTB Rev pack, including Shaders!

Step three: Load the resource pack you want

Step four: Quit the game and open The .Minecraft folder (...User/Appdata/Roaming)

Step five: Locate the following files: options.txt, optionsof.txt, optionsshaders.txt.

Step six: Locate FTB Rev folder (...docs/Minecraft Curse/Instances/FTB Revalation) and make a secure copy of the following files, if present: options.txt, optionsof.txt, optionsshaders.txt

Step seven: Copy all the three files to the FTB Rev folder and replace the files there

Step eight: Copy or place the Resource packs or Shader Pack (in the case of the shaders make sure you copy the options.TXT from the chosen shaderspack) to the correct folder in FTB Rev.

Step nine: Make sure you have enough memory, Personally ive to increse from 6 to 8, Im using Spha 64x and SEUS Reneweed shaders.

Step ten: Launch FTB Rev and when loaded, NEVER OPEN THE VIDEO OPTIONS, you can enter any world (tested single with several worlds and online on my own server)

Step eleven: Share love not hate and happy new year!

"Proof": https://imgur.com/FFgSeLk

Last edited:

Sapjes

Jul 29, 2019
Video settings work when you disable "TipTheScales-1.12.2-1.0.0". Running Revelation 1.1.0.

I'm running "preview_Optifine_1.12.2_HD_U_C8_pre" with the SEUS Renewed shaders and it looks amazing!

R

RitaMaSTeR

I just tried that, thank you, it works xD.

BTW SEUS Renewed are, in my opinion, the very best shaders out there! its just missing some configs to be perfect.

pakos2835

Jul 29, 2019
I totally understand why some want / need to use optifine in their setup - but:
Optifine isn't a part of the pack - neither is it supported from here. Therefor this is not a bug with the pack.
there are bug in new minecraft so without optifine 1.10 1.11 1.12 is useless due to red fps. with optifine installed it become almost normal *100-200 fps for my system

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
there are bug in new minecraft so without optifine 1.10 1.11 1.12 is useless due to red fps. with optifine installed it become almost normal *100-200 fps for my system
If that was true everyone would have bad FPS - this is a issue with your machine (some possibilities: drivers, hardware that's not supported in the OS you're on, other software creating issues for you, hardware that's faulty - and so on) - not Minecraft.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
If that was true everyone would have bad FPS - this is a issue with your machine (some possibilities: drivers, hardware that's not supported in the OS you're on, other software creating issues for you, hardware that's faulty - and so on) - not Minecraft.
If there are performance bugs in a program you can also "fix" the problem by throwing better hardware at it, so as a result not everyone will have performance issues.

Also, there are real performance issues in minecraft. Look at how redstone dust gets updated for example:

Status
Not open for further replies.