Unable to enter game on my account.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Aeiro

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Unable to enter game on my account.
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Direwolf20
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hello and Help!
Attempted to log in to our server this morning only to have minecraft crash on me. When I logged out yesterday everything was working just fine. I am able to log in to the server on anyone else's account, but not mine. I've tried different computers as well. I have a crash report, but I'm not sure if I should just copy paste that in here? Any help would be extremely appreciated as I am quite confused as to what's going on.

Thanks!
- Aeiro

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
We can't do a thing without the logs. Paste them to pastebin or (preferably) use the consoles button to upload them.

E: Tho due to the nature of the problem, I could guess that it's your player save data that's screwed on the server end, and deleting it would prolly allow you to enter again (tho it'd reset your inventory and other things tied to that data)

Aeiro

Jul 29, 2019
I'm finding a few different ways to delete player data, do you have a recommended way?

E: I posted the log links, but since I have a new account it's awaiting mod approval.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
If you're the owner of the server (or have access to the files, either physical or via FTP or anything), just navigate to the world folder -> playerdata -> delete [depends on version] playername.dat(old) or uuid.dat(new).

uuid is a series of numbers/symbols.

There can also be few other data files for the said player, but depending on what's wrong, those should not need to be deleted (like playername.thaum)

E: Should prolly mention that the easiest way to get the UUID of a specific player is using http://minecraft-techworld.com/uuid-lookup-tool

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Before you delete anything, make a backup
because right now its just a guess and thus might not be the cause.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Thanks and thanks! I'll try it out.
Now that I can see the crashlog it looks more like a corrupted block.chunk.
what happens if someone else gets in the area where you left?
(or if you can log in when your player.dat has been removed, what happens when you get into that area?)

Aeiro

Jul 29, 2019
Waiting on the server admin to add my account so I can delete my info. I'll log in on another account try running over to where I logged out and see if anything happens.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, now that the log is visible, we can see the cause. It's warded blocks from Thaumcraft. You need to remove them via external program like MCedit.

Deleting your player data will possibly make you able to enter again due to it teleporting you to the spawn and hopefully unloading the affected blocks

E: Man English is too darn hard

E2: I'll specify more. The chunk/s that contain the affected blocks need to be unloaded somehow, and it _should_ work after that.

Aeiro

Jul 29, 2019
ahh crap, well, I'll try and figure it out now that I know what the problem is. Thanks for all your help!

One last question, are warded blocks known to do this? or do you think its just a very random bug?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
ahh crap, well, I'll try and figure it out now that I know what the problem is. Thanks for all your help!

One last question, are warded blocks known to do this? or do you think its just a very random bug?

First time I saw this error pop up on the forums, unless my memory is bad.
Not really answering your question but it is the best answer I can give.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
would using creative mode to break the affected blocks work?
If you can get to them without crashing any method to remove them would work as they apparently don't crash you anymore.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019

It's a very rare bug that happens for apparently no reason at all. Personally never encountered it, but you're the 3rd one I hear having it. So yea, generally warded blocks are safe

Aeiro

Jul 29, 2019
Well cheers to the both of you! I owe ya both a meal and a drink! After destroying a lot of blocks, most of which I wasn't even aware of being warded (damn focus has a huge range) I was able to log in on my account. Well done sirs and/or ladies!