Unable to discover new Thaumcraft research

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0gtitties

Jul 29, 2019
So I am not sure if something within my particular Thaumcraft got broken recently or what but I no longer seem to be able to research new stuff. I have already done a fair bit of research and familiar with how the table works so It's not a me being a dumb ass and forgetting paper or something simple. Well I may still be a dumb ass but thats another topic. Seems I cannot get any new research to be revealed despite running stacks of items through the research table. I even went into creative mode and gave myself all the essentia phials and ran a stack of each item through it with no hits. I did have a server crash a little while back which forced me to recover from a backup. Perhaps something could of gone south then.

Here is some info on the server and some logs.
Server: Ubuntu 12.04.2
FTB: Direwolf20 5.3.2 (1.4.7)
Java: 1.7.0_21 SE 64bit
Server has 16GB RAM, FTB has 4GB allocated to it and runs on a dedicated SSD
Forge Log: http://pastebin.com/1vzuiY5B

Client: Mac OSX 10.6.8
Launcher: 1.2.6
Java 1.6.0_45 SE 64 bit
Client has 16GB RAM and 4GB allocated to FTB
Client Console Log: http://pastebin.com/iFMPCtz3

Hopefully someone can spot the issue.

Thanks in advance

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I have never heard of this bug, but i think i have a solution.

~BACKUP FIRST~

Now that's in order you should save all your items in a chest or just get NEI to remember everything.
I presume you got access to the server files, go ahead and shutdown the server.
Go into the world folder, and then into the players folder.
Delete the file with your name on it. All your player data should be deleted, but I don't know if T3 handles player data the same way.

Not the most convenient solution.

I checked your logs and found nothing suspicious.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Wiping the player profile server side may fix the problem but it will wipe all your TC research so far, so as the poster above strongly suggested, backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.