~Ultimate Pack~

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

delicateglow

Jul 29, 2019
We are not actually waiting for any of those. They will be added to the packs that the FTB team decides to add them to when they are ready. All we are waiting for is for the team to finalize the mods in the pack and bug-test it.
Oh I see, that doesn't sound too bad. I really do wish that the FTB team communicated with us more.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
All that info has been on Slow's streams. Also, the team has stated that they do not communicate much as things can change very quickly, and if people don't get what was promised, it can make them unhappy

Reactions: delicateglow

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
What OmegaPython said. I love it when people actually do listen to us. :D

I can confirm that the main thing that's keeping the pack from being released is bug and feaure testing, as well as those hard last minute decisions on inclusion or exclusion for a few mods. I can't tell you how far along that process is, because sadly I do not know! I have been travelling for the holidays myself, as I know several members of the team have been as well. Things will pick up. Patience, blockhoppers. ;)

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Just so I don't create a new thread, I am pointing out that Immibis's mods have been updated, although the google docs page have not been changed

wargodsown

Jul 29, 2019
OH SWEET satan i can't wait for this to drop as soon as it is good to go ill be purchasing a hosted server for this pack and streaming from the server for fun.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask one question, will there be any mods in the Ultimate pack that aren't in the Mindcrack pack? I understand there will be some config difference and whatnot, but if there aren't gonna be any new mods I might just go ahead and start a mindrack game.

delicateglow

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask one question, will there be any mods in the Ultimate pack that aren't in the Mindcrack pack? I understand there will be some config difference and whatnot, but if there aren't gonna be any new mods I might just go ahead and start a mindrack game.
10 bucks says they'll add Ars Magica.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can tell though, outside of some new dungeons that particular mod doesn't seem to add any world gen (like new ores and whatnot) and that the dungeons seem to hold recipes for spells which apparently you can learn on your own. More or less, I'm talking about mods that are fairly must have for world gen when you start a new map, like redpower 2 or TE (for its custom ore gen). And yes, I understand that you can explore more to generate new chunks as well as use Mystcraft ages, I just don't want to have to go a few kilometers for new stuff to gen :X

delicateglow

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can tell though, outside of some new dungeons that particular mod doesn't seem to add any world gen (like new ores and whatnot) and that the dungeons seem to hold recipes for spells which apparently you can learn on your own. More or less, I'm talking about mods that are fairly must have for world gen when you start a new map, like redpower 2 or TE (for its custom ore gen). And yes, I understand that you can explore more to generate new chunks as well as use Mystcraft ages, I just don't want to have to go a few kilometers for new stuff to gen :X
From Direwolf's spotlight video on it, he says it only adds 1 new ore.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica would perfectly complement Magic World pack and being based upon the same source material in the Ars Magica PnP game (based on a short look at Atlas Games' site), an even better counterpart to Thaumcraft alone. I have so many ideas flying around my head with the things you could do.

Here's hoping engine temp conditionals work on conduits when they get too much deficit! :D

Minethulhu

Jul 29, 2019
Having attempted to manually add Ars Magica (and then going to the Ars Magica post on the mincraftforum.net site), I can say at the very least with current mods (unless things have changed in the last day or two) that Ars Magica and Factorization appear to conflict.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...vanced-magic-mod-for-minecraft/page__st__1720

Hopefully this will get fixed in one or the other so they can both be in the Ultimate Pack.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Having attempted to manually add Ars Magica (and then going to the Ars Magica post on the mincraftforum.net site), I can say at the very least with current mods (unless things have changed in the last day or two) that Ars Magica and Factorization appear to conflict.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...vanced-magic-mod-for-minecraft/page__st__1720

Hopefully this will get fixed in one or the other so they can both be in the Ultimate Pack.

Umm.. not going to happen.

Read the first post of the ars magica:

A Note About ModPacks:
I am not allowing Ars Magica to be a part of any modpacks.

delicateglow

Jul 29, 2019
Umm.. not going to happen.

Read the first post of the ars magica:

A Note About ModPacks:

I am not allowing Ars Magica to be a part of any modpacks.
Uhm, read the FTB news post?
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-mod-pack-and-launcher-news.5506/

FTB Magic World: Released, further mods that we hope to add include Ars Magicka and Mystcraft. This pack will be updated once these mods are updated and ready for release.
ETA: Unknown
While yes, this is for Magic World, I have a strong feeling it'll be for Ultimate too.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf's videos and Slowpoke's streams seem to indicate that Slowpoke and the creator of Ars Magica are in communication, the mod creator is working on Forge compatibility, and it sounds like getting everything playing nicely with each other is the actual remaining limiter.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Not to mention Azanor of Thaumcraft is tickled pink.

If ANY modpack is likely to get approval from Mithion, it'll be FTB. If for no other reason, proven consistent respect for mod authors. :D

I also expect we'll see Mithion on Forgecraft server eventually. :p

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Don't get me wrong I REALLY want to see that mod in the Magic World and Ultimate pack. I also think Slow wouldn't mention the hope of the mod in the pack if he's not attempting to make it a reality. However, and no offense is intended, the FTB team has mentioned strong possibilities of mod packs being release in a certain time frame that did not occur. For instance a tweet that stated the Ultimate pack would be out in 48 hours yet that has not occurred. I'm not pointing a finger here just using that as an example. FTB has not failed me yet and I am a big fan. I just choose to greatly temper my enthusiasm for Ars Magicas inclusion in any pack.

Hi, I'm Sertas and I'm failing at waiting patiently. Nice to meet you.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
There's a big difference from setbacks to ETA estimates, miscommunication between team members, and Slowpoke101 misleading people about the mod creator of Ars Magica's willingness to give permission once compatibility is fully settled. There has to be at least some interest in there from the mod creator or Slowpoke probably wouldn't have said anything and likely wouldn't be nearly as hopeful.