Ultimate. Iridium Source?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Also, use mercury cells in the industrial grinder when processing Sheldonite for increased yields (3 Pt, 1 Ni, & 2 Ir nuggets); since cinnabar is currently otherwise useless AFAIK.

Mercury cells can be made in a crafting table with empty cells and quicksilver, or you can acquire them as a byproduct of centrifuging other materials..

Well, yeah. I don't think that sheldonite gives iridium without using mercury.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Always save your quicksilver.

I tossed away like 20 stacks of it, and massively regretted it later.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Also, use mercury cells in the industrial grinder when processing Sheldonite for increased yields (3 Pt, 1 Ni, & 2 Ir nuggets); since cinnabar is currently otherwise useless AFAIK.

Mercury cells can be made in a crafting table with empty cells and quicksilver, or you can acquire them as a byproduct of centrifuging other materials..
Maybe I'm mistaken or just have different settings, but I had to use an (ill fated) automatic canning machine to get the quicksilver into the cells.

Dasein808

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe I'm mistaken or just have different settings, but I had to us an (ill fated) automatic canning machine to get the quicksilver into the cells.
I'm currently using GT 2.79c with an unmodified config, but it would not surprise me if he changed it to require the canning machine in more recent versions .

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
Now this is an odd thing that i've had happen to me that i've never seen anyone else ever mention in regards to Iridium. Creating a Mystcraft world thats flat with endstone end world and enderstar feild and as long as you can get it stable... i apoligize for i have never actually nailed down exactly the way i did it and it took me maybe 4-10 tries to re-create it...

Anyways, if you fly around you will see Iridium on the surface, very easy to pick out... yes i said iridium... Its not like you see it every chunk or anything like that... but considering how jetpacks and MPS's work it doesnt take that long to move around and find iridium. Spending about 1-2 hours in there i found over 1 stack of Iridium. Maybe someone here has duplicated this better? I should point out the server had the Iridium probability put up to 30% which might of been a contributing factor... regardless, i'm sure you would find more raw iridium that way than any other.