Ultimate for 1.6.4?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should FTB make an updated version of Ultimate for 1.6.4?

• Total voters

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I liked the ultimate pack best of all FTB packs, and I think an ultimate for 1.6.4 with the same, but slightly modified mod list, would be very nice, I've heard that Ultimate is still the most popular pack, so I think that shows people like the mod list best. If an ultimate for 1.6.4 was made, I think it would be very used. Please leave your opinion on this, I would like to see if other people like this idea. Thank you

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I liked the ultimate pack best of all FTB packs, and I think an ultimate for 1.6.4 with the same, but slightly modified mod list, would be very nice, I've heard that Ultimate is still the most popular pack, so I think that shows people like the mod list best. If an ultimate for 1.6.4 was made, I think it would be very used. Please leave your opinion on this, I would like to see if other people like this idea. Thank you
You cant make a Ultimate clone because many of the mods have been discontinued. But many of the mods are still present in Monster and DW20. At least the most important ones are, and the least important ones are replaced by other better ones for the most part.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
You cant make a Ultimate clone because many of the mods have been discontinued. But many of the mods are still present in Monster and DW20. At least the most important ones are, and the least important ones are replaced by other better ones for the most part.
Well, you can still make something preety similar to Ultimate, with most of the mods from Ultimate and with the balance it had. Monster and Unleashed (supposedly the "successors" of Ultimate, although they don't feel anything like it) feel like a whole bunch of mods thrown together just for the heck of it.

Well, I would really like it if they made a 1.6.4 Ultimate, as it was my favourite pack too. But that doesn't mean I think that they SHOULD make one, it depends on how much people want it. I'm still voting for yes as I would really like it if the FTB team made one though.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
The dw20 pack is VERY similar to ultimate

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the old Ultimate list it would be hilariously easy (comparative to other packs) to make a pack like that even with the current universal configs, minus XyCraft. Only things I think we could add or change with confidence:
-To replace Secret Rooms, Carpenter's Blocks should be added
-Redstone Arsenal should be added
-Thaumic Tinkerer should be added
-GregTech would be configured to the 1.4 defaults and would be an optional mod (no TiC, btw)

Hell, I could probably whip this up myself. The question is if people really want it.

Reactions: RealSketch

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the old Ultimate list it would be hilariously easy (comparative to other packs) to make a pack like that even with the current universal configs, minus XyCraft. Only things I think we could add or change with confidence:
-GregTech would be configured to the 1.4 defaults and would be an optional mod (no TiC, btw)

Hell, I could probably whip this up myself. The question is if people really want it.
Well, I would definently want it, and also Project Red should be in, along with the frames replacement (can't remember what the name was).

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019

"Ultimate Re-imagined" -Pretty good name for it, and yes, probably anyone could whip this up. But I don't have the time to do it, and I truly don't believe in myself. I shall just add any mod, I may even go as far as Mo creatures so keep that topic away from me!
Still, I am really enjoying Monster with all the new updated mods that replace the quite recent "old" ones, so I voted "Couldn't care less".

timmsy1986

Jul 29, 2019
i believe in the decision of the ftb staff, they said they couldn't viably do ultimate further then 1.4.7 it would be a replacement, so unleashed was tried but Gregtech killed that from what it seems reading round the forums on the TC thing so now we are going to Monster and it looks amazing but it seems to have major load issues still and i still keep flitting back to Ultimate alot I have to say. I got lost for hours exploring the monster world but i had to keep signing in and out as at the end of a chunk you would just keep black expanse again.

I actually think the Mindcrack FTB will be the best pack for most people and will tide people over better in the meantime who enjoyed ultimate and unleashed while Monster is still worked on and fixed. Its the best move FTB have made for a while, there is nothing current at the moment so the community are a bit stuck in what they are supposed to play, everything that is most current is beta and everything stable is old so its like a transition period and they are always hard.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I voted no only for the fact that we already have Monster. I loved Ultimate. Unleashed was a bitter-sweet arrival, toting new mods, but lacking a few of the ones I grew to love in Ultimate. Monster seems to have gone further from Ultimate than Unleashed, but they are both successors.

As time moves forward, the "Mega packs" will move forward with it. I feel like adding another "Ultimate" pack would be a slap in the face to the new mods that Monster brought to the table. Each succession has been one step further in evolution and as a modded minecraft player, I want to continue evolving with it. As more mods come to the scene, I want to experience them in the current "mega pack" of the times, in this case, Monster.

If anything, I wish Monster had gone further in bringing more of the lesser known mods into the mainstream. Through forum discussion and general experimenting/searching, I've found a lot of them to be great fun. I want more people to experience them as well.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I voted no only for the fact that we already have Monster. I loved Ultimate. Unleashed was a bitter-sweet arrival, toting new mods, but lacking a few of the ones I grew to love in Ultimate. Monster seems to have gone further from Ultimate than Unleashed, but they are both successors.

As time moves forward, the "Mega packs" will move forward with it. I feel like adding another "Ultimate" pack would be a slap in the face to the new mods that Monster brought to the table. Each succession has been one step further in evolution and as a modded minecraft player, I want to continue evolving with it. As more mods come to the scene, I want to experience them in the current "mega pack" of the times, in this case, Monster.

If anything, I wish Monster had gone further in bringing more of the lesser known mods into the mainstream. Through forum discussion and general experimenting/searching, I've found a lot of them to be great fun. I want more people to experience them as well.
I doubt they shall make new modpacks such as "Starlight" or "Infinity World", they will most likely create modpacks such as "Monster Re-imagined" or "Ultimate Re-imagined".

Reactions: Alcheya

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The thing I really don't understand is that if you so badly want a complete Ultimate copy feeling, why not play Ultimate instead? Its still available, its probably one of the most stable and resource balanced experiences you will get. And no matter what you do you will not be able to make a complete copy of it for 1.6.

It would be a waste of effort and time for the FTB team to spend time making a complete copy of something they already have available.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
The thing I really don't understand is that if you so badly want a complete Ultimate copy feeling, why not play Ultimate instead? Its still available, its probably one of the most stable and resource balanced experiences you will get. And no matter what you do you will not be able to make a complete copy of it for 1.6.

It would be a waste of effort and time for the FTB team to spend time making a complete copy of something they already have available.
I agree with you, if you like Ultimate so much, go play it.
But then, mods get updated as the game updates, so there are so much new things in newer versions, glitchy maybe, but so much more fun and beneficial.

Reactions: Padfoote