Ultimate for 1.6.4?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should FTB make an updated version of Ultimate for 1.6.4?

• Total voters

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with you, if you like Ultimate so much, go play it.
But then, mods get updated as the game updates, so there are so much new things in newer versions, glitchy maybe, but so much more fun and beneficial.
The updated mods is why, things like tinkers construct, I've learned to always use, or the new thaumcraft 4, it's mostly the updated mods that keep me from playing ultimate again, and I'm not saying FTB really needs to make a new ultimate, I just think it would be nice and others would to, so far people on this thread seem to be against it, but I still think it would be used, and yes unleashed and monster have nice mod lists, but they don't have the nice feel ultimate had.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
and yes unleashed and monster have nice mod lists, but they don't have the nice feel ultimate had.
I kinda know what you mean. I also have fond memories of the 1.4.7 days. But I think that is due to the simplicity and crudeness of the packs. But making a new Ultimate out of the new polished, updated and expanded mods will not bring that feeling back I think.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
I voted no only for the fact that we already have Monster. I loved Ultimate. Unleashed was a bitter-sweet arrival, toting new mods, but lacking a few of the ones I grew to love in Ultimate. Monster seems to have gone further from Ultimate than Unleashed, but they are both successors.

As time moves forward, the "Mega packs" will move forward with it. I feel like adding another "Ultimate" pack would be a slap in the face to the new mods that Monster brought to the table. Each succession has been one step further in evolution and as a modded minecraft player, I want to continue evolving with it. As more mods come to the scene, I want to experience them in the current "mega pack" of the times, in this case, Monster.

If anything, I wish Monster had gone further in bringing more of the lesser known mods into the mainstream. Through forum discussion and general experimenting/searching, I've found a lot of them to be great fun. I want more people to experience them as well.

The thing is, Monster and Ultimate are NOTHING like each other. Monster should still exist, but Ultimate could be added along with it. That wouldn't kill the new mods.

Reactions: BreezyTaco

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Let's just say, I would not mind if Monster gained:
AdvancedMachines IC2 experimental
immibis-core, infinitubes, and tubestuff
advancedsolarpanels ic2 experimental
gravisuite ic2 experimental
translocator

I would continue to manually add gregtechmod and remove the three Tinkerer's mods.

I would also be excited if they were to publish a 1.6.4 Ultimate that adds all of these and gregtech and removes Tinkerer's for me. I can't request a private public modpack to do this because Portal Gun and Twilight Forest aren't available. I'm stuck manually adding mods either way.

Thanks,
IMarv

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, Monster and Ultimate are NOTHING like each other. Monster should still exist, but Ultimate could be added along with it. That wouldn't kill the new mods.
The point of Ultimate was to be the ultimate combination of current mods in the FTB team's eyes. As far as I understand it, that's exactly what Monster is.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Let's just say, I would not mind if Monster gained:
AdvancedMachines IC2 experimental
immibis-core, infinitubes, and tubestuff
advancedsolarpanels ic2 experimental
gravisuite ic2 experimental
translocator

I would continue to manually add gregtechmod and remove the three Tinkerer's mods.

I would also be excited if they were to publish a 1.6.4 Ultimate that adds all of these and gregtech and removes Tinkerer's for me. I can't request a private public modpack to do this because Portal Gun and Twilight Forest aren't available. I'm stuck manually adding mods either way.

Thanks,
IMarv

Tinkers and GT can't be distributed in the same pack. But if you wan't to add GT in manually, you don't have to remove Tinker's. If it's on your own computer you can do whatever the hell you want!

Reactions: Alcheya

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I can't request a private public modpack to do this because Portal Gun and Twilight Forest aren't available. I'm stuck manually adding mods either way.

Thanks,
IMarv

You could make a forum thread about the pack and say "YOU MUST MANUALLY INSTALL THESE MODS" and then list them, or if you code you could write a custom mod that gives you a prompt to download them like TPPI does.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll go with option A:
Your current thread is a monster plus mods to make it more like ultimate, that's what I get from it at least, correct me if I'm wrong, I meant make the pack be in the launcher but make a sepparant thread with the extra downloaded mods.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Your current thread is a monster plus mods to make it more like ultimate, that's what I get from it at least, correct me if I'm wrong, I meant make the pack be in the launcher but make a sepparant thread with the extra downloaded mods.
The difference is minor in effect, but this way I don't have to write up a list of permissions and other overhead of updating the base mod pack.
IMarv

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
The difference is minor in effect, but this way I don't have to write up a list of permissions and other overhead of updating the base mod pack.
IMarv
Yeah, your ultimate for 1.6.4 is great and I'm gonna try it out on my old ultimate world today or tomorrow, it's a really cool idea. Just, if someone made a completely new pack for ultimate, it would be for new worlds, having your option for a world update is an epic option but sometimes starting over is very fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1392776502][/DOUBLEPOST]
honestly.... I just forgot what i was going to type.:eek:
Ok then......

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers and GT can't be distributed in the same pack. But if you wan't to add GT in manually, you don't have to remove Tinker's. If it's on your own computer you can do whatever the hell you want!
I don't think that's true anymore. TPPI has both.

Reactions: BreezyTaco