[Ultimate] Aura Bees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

icecorerulez

Jul 29, 2019
While my industrious and imperials are creating stuff for my alvearies, i collect all the serums i need to create my superbees. Til now, i got everything except of fastest production.
I know i can get it from aura bees, which i get if i do something thaumcraft-like with my stark bees (already got them).
I cant seem to find the thaumonomicon-entry-thing i need to convert the starks to Auras.
Does somebody now, what i need to do so?
ty, ice

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This have changed so much over the years, I can hardly remember. At some point I think you had to breed them near different TC nodes? Different nodes gave different bees? Like Pure, Sinister, whatever they were called back then... Or could be earlier/later version.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I think for Aura bees, you needed to breed a Pure and a Flux Bee. I'm not sure, on exact combo (it's been ages since I've played with Ultimate, I like my Tinker's Construct and Botania too much :p) though. I know the Node related bees all need a Node as a "flower" though.

icecorerulez

Jul 29, 2019
This have changed so much over the years, I can hardly remember. At some point I think you had to breed them near different TC nodes? Different nodes gave different bees? Like Pure, Sinister, whatever they were called back then... Or could be earlier/later version.

Im sure i have read something about that, but i saw in some wikis, that youve to combine a stark bee, with an air shard in your 2x2 table-thing (dont want to look the name up :D ), then youll get the aura bee.
And i know you have to "infuse" the bee with the shard, i dont need to breed the species, that has to be bred at a node and im lucky bout that :)

I think for Aura bees, you needed to breed a Pure and a Flux Bee. I'm not sure, on exact combo (it's been ages since I've played with Ultimate, I like my Tinker's Construct and Botania too much :p) though. I know the Node related bees all need a Node as a "flower" though.
I played some of the 1.6+ packs, botania got me too, tico was awesome for midgame, but damn i missed redpower, the good old ultimate gregtech and a few others you cant find on those "newer" modpacks.

I think ill try to make a better wand, maybe it does not work, because mine is too low.
Otherwise, thanks for your answers guys :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Im sure i have read something about that, but i saw in some wikis, that youve to combine a stark bee, with an air shard in your 2x2 table-thing (dont want to look the name up :D ), then youll get the aura bee.
And i know you have to "infuse" the bee with the shard, i dont need to breed the species, that has to be bred at a node and im lucky bout that :)

I played some of the 1.6+ packs, botania got me too, tico was awesome for midgame, but damn i missed redpower, the good old ultimate gregtech and a few others you cant find on those "newer" modpacks.

I think ill try to make a better wand, maybe it does not work, because mine is too low.
Otherwise, thanks for your answers guys :)
Not sure why I didnt try this earlier. My goto guide for bees:
http://ftbwiki.org/Bee_Species
It can be a rather mishmash of different versions and some bees are missing. But Thaumic Bees no longer exists in new versions so guess that information stayed the same:
Aura
Stark + Air Shard + 24 Motus + 40 Aura
At infusion alter, requires having researched 'Thaumic Bees' Gives Swiftness Effect

icecorerulez

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why I didnt try this earlier. My goto guide for bees:
http://ftbwiki.org/Bee_Species
It can be a rather mishmash of different versions and some bees are missing. But Thaumic Bees no longer exists in new versions so guess that information stayed the same:

The mod itself isnt existing at 1.5+, but its now part of "magic bees", which contains bees for other magical mods (ars magica, etc.).
But thanks for the link, ill look up if that works, ty for the helping answer :)

icecorerulez

Jul 29, 2019
I think i know what i did wrong. "You have to fully research the thaumic bees theory." I didnt discover all frame researches, lets do that and see if it works :)

icecorerulez

Jul 29, 2019
I think i know what i did wrong. "You have to fully research the thaumic bees theory." I didnt discover all frame researches, lets do that and see if it works :)

FINALLY! Got my auras :D Youve to discover all of the thaumic bees researches, after that you can infuse them.