[Ultimate 1.1.2] [MCPC+L67] Pumps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0sum

Jul 29, 2019
a while ago, me and a friend made a cool pumping station made of frames and 12 pumps, which pumped lava from a mystcraft dimension made of lava and moved when there was no more lava. it worked perfectly, draining lava all the way down to the "seabed".
things changed recently, as we switched from the official server to mcpc due to memory-related issues (the official kept crashing every half an hour with OOM errors, it just kept eating ram regardless of how much it had). after the switch to mcpc, the pumps randomly stop pumping after a while. for some reason they seem unable (or unwilling) to move their draining pipe further down one layer, and just give up.
enabling lava flow decay from bukkit.yml seemed to work at first, then it kept happening. i've placed gates to monitor pumps' activity, set on redstone signal when work done; they light up one by one and in 20 minutes the pumps are all dead.
manually removing the next layer of lava (with empty cells) reveal that the pipe is not descending further down, and just hovers right above the lava surface. breaking and replacing the pumps succeeds in resetting them and they work for another 20 minutes.
also, there's a chunkloader on top of the pumpship, but it doesn't seem to have problems.
what's the problem, and is it solvable? i've taken a look at bukkit.yml but there's a good deal of options i don't know, and there is no documentation about most of them. can i act on one of them to solve my issue?
we're moving to solar panels recently but lava remains an important piece of our economy (200 thermals), so it's sort of a major issue for us.
thanks in advance for your replies.

zer0sum

Jul 29, 2019
attaching screenshot.
nothing relevant on the logs.

2j3ocuo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.