[UgLounge] 1.4.6 | No Whitelist | Professional Hosting | 24/7 | Beta

• Announcement

Hello, we know that many of you have been asking for the server section to be split into sections so that servers are easier to find so that is exactly what we have done! We are also working on a server listing site to make the listing even better but this is still some time off and so for now this will be used. Current server owners will need to PM Rob if they want to keep their post with the following form completed:

Link to forum post:
    Pack:
    Server type (Whitelist/Greylist/Open):

Hope you like the new layout and if you have any more suggestions please post them in the web feedback forum.

The FTB Team
    P.S Go easy on my inbox :)
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all! I would like to announce the open-beta run for our recent FTB Server.
I've run a Bukkit server for around 9 months now (which is still online today),
and I wanted to branch out into FTB.

Seeing as how I'm new to FTB in some regards, I'm opening this server as a Beta. Things will be subject to change, and I'm more than open to any advice or criticisms regarding the server.

We've strived to provide a laid back, friendly, and enjoyable experience on our long running PVE Server, and we have hopes to do the same here on the FTB Server.

hrEUe.png

Server Info:

IP: 198.27.81.186:25597
PVP: Disabled
Difficulty: Normal
Slots: 30

Commands:

/chunk
/sethome Name
/home Name

Anyways let us know how we are doing. Feel free to offer any advice or suggestions as we are in Beta. We are currently running Mindcrack 1.4.6.

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
Also I am open to switching server packs if someone has suggestions regarding it.
If you enjoy the server, please give the thread a bump. :)

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
No worries man. I'm saying that if some people would prefer a different pack I'll consider it during this Beta period.
Thanks for logging on. :)

Mr_PuddingMan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fine with that. Would you mind explaining why though?
There's only a tiny difference (from what I can tell) between the DW20 pack and the Mindcrack pack. I personally prefer the DW20 pack because it doesn't have Gregtech. I like Gregtech, don't get me wrong its an awesome mod, but I don't like playing with it on servers.

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
There's only a tiny difference (from what I can tell) between the DW20 pack and the Mindcrack pack. I personally prefer the DW20 pack because it doesn't have Gregtech. I like Gregtech, don't get me wrong its an awesome mod, but I don't like playing with it on servers.

What is bad about having it on servers though? I'm still sort of a newbie when it comes to FTB (Bukkit for a while now), so I am trying to understand how people go about deciding what they use and all for FTB.
So if you are up to explaining why you don't care for it on servers, I'd love to hear why. :)

Mr_PuddingMan

Jul 29, 2019
What is bad about having it on servers though? I'm still sort of a newbie when it comes to FTB (Bukkit for a while now), so I am trying to understand how people go about deciding what they use and all for FTB.
So if you are up to explaining why you don't care for it on servers, I'd love to hear why. :)
I dont care for it on servers because it changes the way IC2 works, along with some other mods. It makes the game a lot harder, and multiplayer is already hard enough in my opinion, with everyone else claiming land and ores. I'm fine with it, but I'd prefer the DW20 pack instead.

SilvaDreams

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like Gregtech on servers because it makes it harder and it encourages people to worth together plus it's not like there isn't Twilight forest for gathering more supplies.

Mr_PuddingMan

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like Gregtech on servers because it makes it harder and it encourages people to worth together plus it's not like there isn't Twilight forest for gathering more supplies.
I'm fine with it too, its just that with mindcrack its set to hard mode. Did the owner change that though?

heavy1metal

Jul 29, 2019
I'm familiar with setting up forums and can share my web host if needed :p Have used phpbb3 / wordpress / ipboard / simplemachines (little familuar)

Reactions: UgLounge

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. Thanks for the offer. :D

We do have a forum setup at this point in time: http://uglounge.com/phpBB3/index.php
Really I need to learn more regarding FTB than anything else. Also,

/sethome
/home HomeName

were added last night and are working. Currently they are set to 3 homes, in the future it will be set to 1 home.
Mob grief is also turned off, so while creepers still explode; they no longer damage the environment/structures.

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
Okay guys. Slight server crash due to the high amounts of traffic. The cap is now set to 20 instead of 30 for the time being.
This is only temporary. I would like to thank the massive show of support from nearly all the players who have logged on, so thank you!

The cap is only temporary for now as we continue to optimize our systems and our plan through EnviousHost. I will also hope to ensure a reserve system
for the donors in the future, but for now things will remain first come first serve. Once again, thank you all for logging on. Server is currently full. :)

diafygi

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: I booted into my OSX partition (was playing on Ubuntu) and logging in didn't crash the client. So I left the nether and now am able to log in in the overworld. Crisis averted!

-------
Hey UgL, been tons of fun so far! Thanks!

However, my client crashed when I went to the nether, and every time I try to log in it crashes (since I guess I'm trying to log in in the nether). It seems to be related to http://support.feed-the-beast.com/?qa=10198/client-crash-upon-logging-in-to-nether-on-server

Since it hasn't been troubleshooted yet, could my login location possibly be moved back to my base in the overworld, so I don't crash every time I log in? I can avoid the nether until this bug is fixed.

Let me know what I can do to log in without crashing! Thanks!

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE: I booted into my OSX partition (was playing on Ubuntu) and logging in didn't crash the client. So I left the nether and now am able to log in in the overworld. Crisis averted!

-------
Hey UgL, been tons of fun so far! Thanks!

However, my client crashed when I went to the nether, and every time I try to log in it crashes (since I guess I'm trying to log in in the nether). It seems to be related to http://support.feed-the-beast.com/?qa=10198/client-crash-upon-logging-in-to-nether-on-server

Since it hasn't been troubleshooted yet, could my login location possibly be moved back to my base in the overworld, so I don't crash every time I log in? I can avoid the nether until this bug is fixed.

Let me know what I can do to log in without crashing! Thanks!

I see. Odd that such a bug still exists, but thanks for letting me know! Hopefully the FTB Devs will have a fix out in the near future. Glad to hear you are enjoying the server!

zeldafreak1

Jul 29, 2019
Servers excellent and all, but the time I'll be spending on it will be limited. This damn laptop isn't meant for gaming and FTB puts alot of pressure on it. Keep up the great work on the server!

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
Servers excellent and all, but the time I'll be spending on it will be limited. This damn laptop isn't meant for gaming and FTB puts alot of pressure on it. Keep up the great work on the server!

Thanks man. I've heard you can get Optifine working with FTB, which will help some. My laptop actually crashed running FTB with most graphical things turned down.
Either way, glad to hear it.