U.S.S. Hamster [WIP]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
Thats really nice Hamster, do you plan on making something on the hull of the ship? It looks very dull from the outside (The surface) (not the structure :p) Like a turret? entrances where RP2 Ships can come and go?

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I do have plans for it, but need to get it built first...

I made no hull progress last weekend either. I finished my frame miner and built an AE storage system- replacing all the barrels and reducing lag around the ship a little bit. I also had to tweak my item processing to handle the increased amount of stuff flowing in from the frames vs the old quarry I had been using. When I move all the machines to their final place on the ship, I'll definitely be using AE a lot more and things should work a LOT better.

Unfortunately I have to send my laptop back to HP to get the fan fixed and will be unable to work on anything for 7-11 days :( I doubt my old laptop can handle FTB at all, it lagged hard on vanilla which is why I replaced it. That's assuming I can even get it started.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
dude I feel your pain with PC issues. I recently nuked my pc from obrit.

Saddly the mothership was in the blast. I lost not only that but all my backed up worlds so yeah few years of stuff gone.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I back up my worlds onto a 2nd hard drive on my PC and also to an external USB drive. I know the value of good backups!

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like it's really coming along well! :D

And after DW20 detonated a nuke in warded stone/glass right next to things that would've otherwise been obliterated, but instead suffered no damage (rad poison not being damage), the warded blocks should be about as explosion proof as you can get! :eek:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Been a bit busy IRL combined with a little minecraft burnout, but I'm back!!

Good to have you back. Look forward to you build.

It looks like you got a lot done.

Also sadly I lost the Shoop Orbital Corp station when I blew up my PC. But I got another build im working on these days down in my sig.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Spent much of this weekend working on the engineering section, here's a couple screenshots!

2013-06-30_19.48.46.png

2013-06-30_19.49.51.png

2013-06-30_19.49.16.png

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
awesome work, far far better than anything I have come up with, interested to see it all finished if there is even an end to this epic-ness.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
End?

Lol

Not even thinking about the end yet, I just want to finish filling in the hull!!

Then comes the interior!

I'm nowhere near done- but that's what I wanted when I started this. Something I can work on take a break when I need to and come back and pick it up again.

I went from 10k iron blocks in storage to 1 block and one piece in the last couple weeks. I haven't even made a dent in what I need. I decided to heck with it, even if some people consider it cheesy- I'm building a bunch of matter fabs, powered by ultimate solar panels and pumping the uu matter directly into a xycraft fabricator to make iron. At least until I get around to building one of those new-style high output iron golem farms.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question ? How long have you been working on this beauty ? I can't even begin to comprehend the patience you have to build this ? I'm more of a technical my myself but this is insane !! How do you propose to fill such a vast space ?

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question ? How long have you been working on this beauty ? I can't even begin to comprehend the patience you have to build this ? I'm more of a technical my myself but this is insane !! How do you propose to fill such a vast space ?

According to the OP, January 22nd :)

My first priority is to enclose the space, then I'll figure out how to fill it!

I do have some ideas for things I want to build inside, but I have to stay focused primarily on the hull first or I'll never finish it. I'm already thinking of ways I want to change the hull lol!!