Two quick questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Paju

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, private Noob reporting.

1) Is there a machine that works like the Incinerator from Immibis's mod?
Or if not, how would you guys go about making, for example, a quarry to be spillproof.
In Tekkit I just did this with an incinerator and a restriction tube.

2) Is there a way to disable NEI's real time search? The older versions used to have the button in the options
but I can't find it anymore. So what gives?

--EDIT--

Ohh and I'm using Direwolf20.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

With buildcraft pipes, you can make a "void pipe" which destroys items. With RedPower2 tubes, you can filter or transpose into a lava source block which is claimed to emulate the way a void pipe works (the RP2 system detects the item would be destroyed, and it just deletes it).

2) Is there a way to disable NEI's real time search?

Not that I know of offhand. That would be a nice feature. I'll go check the configs.

EDiT: No, I do not see any way to do that currently in the configs. That is too bad.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, private Noob reporting.

Or if not, how would you guys go about making, for example, a quarry to be spillproof.
In Tekkit I just did this with an incinerator and a restriction tube.
Options:

1) Void Pipe. You can use a Diamond Pipe to separate everything you want to get rid of and attach a void pipe to the corresponding colored output.

2) DestructoPack. This is a player-item. You can right-click with this and drag and drop things from your inventory to be destroyed.

3) RP Tubes -> Transposer -> Lava underneath the Transposer. This is useful if you're using the RP Tubes to sort into barrels, and want the "overflow" to be destroyed. Just remember to put a Restriction Tube before the Transposer, and plug into the "hole" side. It will instantly spit the item out the bottom, into Lava.

Paju

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast help. Ooh a destructopack ehh. Looks like something I need to build right away. ;)

--EDIT--

Ohh I guess that particular item is from Gregtech. Too bad. :oops:

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast help. Ooh a destructopack ehh. Looks like something I need to build right away. ;)

--EDIT--

Ohh I guess that particular item is from Gregtech. Too bad. :oops:
You can make a similar device with an Obsidian Pipe with a Void Pipe on top of it. I call it a "Trash Can". I keep 1 or 2 in my base.

You just hit the drop key 'Q', in front of the Obsidian Pipe and it will suck up the item and send it to the void pipe. No power is needed on the Obsidian Pipe.

(Honestly it's easier than the DestructoPack..... I just like the DestructoPack because MystCraft Descriptive books don't work with the "Trash Can", since they unfold when you drop them into the world.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
(Honestly it's easier than the DestructoPack..... I just like the DestructoPack because MystCraft Descriptive books don't work with the "Trash Can", since they unfold when you drop them into the world.

You could make a trash bin by having a chest which you place stuff into output into a wooden pipe, which then void pipes. It'd get those pesky MystCraft books, and not be as dangerous around those of us with stupid figures, oversized "Q" keys, and the like. But I do like the idea of having obsidian pipes pipe into a "lost and found" area, networked throughout my base and connected by tesseracts. And then have that dump every day or so into a void pipe.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
You could make a trash bin by having a chest which you place stuff into output into a wooden pipe, which then void pipes. It'd get those pesky MystCraft books, and not be as dangerous around those of us with stupid figures, oversized "Q" keys, and the like. But I do like the idea of having obsidian pipes pipe into a "lost and found" area, networked throughout my base and connected by tesseracts. And then have that dump every day or so into a void pipe.
Yeah, the chest + autarchic gate does work. But it doesn't pump nearly as fast as dropping an entire stack directly into the Obisidian Pipe.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the chest + autarchic gate does work. But it doesn't pump nearly as fast as dropping an entire stack directly into the Obisidian Pipe.

Mm, well, if you don't mind installing another modification, Logistics Pipes gives you a pipe that moves one stack a tick (normally twenty stacks a second). Otherwise, a normal gate set to on inventory redstone signal, and then have that routed to either a steam/fuel/electrical engine, to have it pull stuff out much quicker.

But yeah, obsidian pipes are a lot faster tick for tack.