Twitch and Windows 10

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
H

Hurst_Quayzar

All,
I cannot seem to watch any videos on Twitch from my Windows 10 Machine. From my iPhone, it seems to work fine... So what gives with Windows 10? Am I missing something?

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why you're putting this here instead of talking to Twitch Support

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Fairly new to watching Twitch only due to Direwolf20 posting videos there... Figured someone here may have had the same issue and had a quick answer.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
As an FYI, I'm using Windows 10 as well, and an important bit of info is that I also use the Edge browser.

If you use Edge (still sounds like a shaving gel to me :D ) you might want to go into the browser settings and switch "Use Flash" to off, to make sure you're using HTML5.

I had some problems at first when Twitch switched from Flash to HTML5 with streams not starting for me but have no such problems now. However, in the past week or so I've had problems with Dire's last 3 mod spotlights... Iron Backpacks and Botania I & II I believe. Prior to that everything was fine.

I asked during the stream last night if anyone else was seeing this but nobody admitted to that :) Every time I failed to get the video to run I put in a report about it, at least a dozen so far, but haven't seen a reply yet.

From my point of view, either Twitch made a change of some kind or ???

All other videos I've tried, including the previous mod spotlights and videos from others I follow seem to work fine.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I don't know why or how, but in my little experience with Twitch it seems to randomly cause random people to have problems with the stream. One day-week one person might be unable to watch. The next it is fine and someone else has the problems.

But I have not heard anyone mention these problems for a while now, performance still seems rather random...

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Thanks for the comments. I have tried to change settings and nothing. Strange as it may sound, the I was able to view the "Live" session with Direwolf20 and Soaryn. So I have no idea... I will keep working and tweaking. If I come up with something, I will let you know.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I've seen mention of a few issues with new nVidia drivers. I haven't had time to look into it yet, and it doesn't apply if you don't have an nVidia card, but it's a possibility.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
IMO i wonder why people use edge and IE even though chrome is much faster and better overall compared to IE/Edge.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
IMO i wonder why people use edge and IE even though chrome is much faster and better overall compared to IE/Edge.

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Because I refuse to use any Google product, probably for the same imagined and discriminatory reasons people refuse to use Apple and/or Microsoft products. :D