Turtles dropping items into pipes, how?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys! Umm, i tried for 3 hours to get turtles to drop into pipes (i dont want to drop into a chest, just a pipe which goes to a sorting system) and i don't find the way to make it work, im using the inventory manager update, tried with it too, tried all kind of commands, googleed a lot.. But didn't find a solution, please, don't give me the link to miscperipherals or the computercraft info thread about the inventory manager api, i checked them both, im sure im the one wrong, so please, can you help me out? Just write me a piece of code about dropping the item in the slot 1 to a pipe in the back (or down, it doesnt really matter)

I tried with BC pipes, starting with wooden and starting with coble, no results, tried with pneumatic too, the same.

Can u help me out guys? Thanks in advance! This is really driving me crazy

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no turtle expert, but I think that turtles can only put items into an inventory. Since pipes don't have an inventory, they can't take items from turtles. You would need to have a chest and have the pipes connect to that.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
turtle.dropDown() and have an obsidian pipe two below your turtle? Maybe build some kind of shaft around it, so that the item will safely hit the pipe?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about that at first glance, but then researched and got to the Inventory manager upgrade, ill post the links:

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/4587-cc15mc147-miscperipherals-31/
In this one, look for "Inventory Upgrade (EXPERIMENTAL)"

I've tried with the dropSneaky function, without success at all.

And then used this too:
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/8910-cc-15-mc-147-inventory-manager/wraping it with the turtle, again, no success at all.

If i cant do it directly, is there a way to transmit power from a turtle to a, for example, RP2 retriever, so it pulls down an item from a chest? If so, what could be the command? Again, thanks in advance.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/4587-cc15mc147-miscperipherals-31/
Do you mean the inventory upgrade when you say inventory manager? If so it doesn't look like it can output directly to pipes. The interactive sorter can put items in pipes but it is a block so that may not work for your setup and if you just want to put items in a pipe it would probably be overkill.

Indeed, i was talking about that, i just said manager because it was the last thing i tried, link in my previous post.

I dont mind using another block, as long as it starts down the turtle and then pipes, so, with the interactive sorter, how could i make a function so it sends an item through pipes immediately after it gets it from the turtle? A basic code should be enough, i will work on it and adjust as needed.

turtle.dropDown() and have an obsidian pipe two below your turtle? Maybe build some kind of shaft around it, so that the item will safely hit the pipe?

Cant, tried it, but it seems the items just "bounce" on the pipe and spill on the front of the turtle :S its a setting like so:

A-T-A
X-A-A

where A is a block of air, T is the turtle, X is cobblestone[DOUBLEPOST=1366472507][/DOUBLEPOST]
For the retriever: IIRC it needs a redstone pulse. Use the redstone API to pulse it.

Gonna check Redstone API and see how it goes :)

Fooman

Jul 29, 2019
Use a mine factory reloaded item router. Just plug up the sides you don't want to send items to (with a wooden hoe or similar) and it will act just like an rp2 relay, but for bc pipe networks. Do note that you can't output items to the top.

Just turtle.drop() into the item router.

Reactions: wolfsilver00

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Whats so hard about having the turtles dump into a chest and having a wooden pipe/autarchic gate leading off that?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Cant, tried it, but it seems the items just "bounce" on the pipe and spill on the front of the turtle :S its a setting like so:

A-T-A
X-A-A

where A is a block of air, T is the turtle, X is cobblestone
I just tried it. Following setup (from bottom layer to top layer):
XXX XXX ---
POX X-X -T-
XXX XXX ---

X = any solid material, O = Obsidian Pipe, P = any item pipe, which will lead to whereever, T = Turtle, - = air.
Works like a charm with dropping the items down into the o-pipe.

MouseyPounds

Jul 29, 2019
If you can use tubes for your setup, just have the turtle drop items into a relay. Relays are valid inventories which automatically (i.e. no blutricity or redstone signal needed) eject their contents into an attached tube.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
If you can use tubes for your setup, just have the turtle drop items into a relay. Relays are valid inventories which automatically (i.e. no blutricity or redstone signal needed) eject their contents into an attached tube.

Done that, it works pretty good, just one block, (i didnt used chest with wooden because of lack of space, for the redstone engine, and im not able to do autarchic gates by now)

I just tried it. Following setup (from bottom layer to top layer):
XXX XXX ---
POX X-X -T-
XXX XXX ---

X = any solid material, O = Obsidian Pipe, P = any item pipe, which will lead to whereever, T = Turtle, - = air.
Works like a charm with dropping the items down into the o-pipe.

Tried this too, and it worked awesome, in this build i'll use relays, but still, this will prove pretty helpfull for the mob farm i got in mind, thank you so much MilConDoin :D

And thank you all for your help!