Turtle + Rocky Hive

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Whinoa

Jul 29, 2019
What'll happen if a mining turtle mines a rocky hive? Would it get a princess or not?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I got rocky drones / princesses from my quarry funny enough so turtles would probably do the same.

CraftUrToe

Jul 29, 2019
It's the same way if you think about it.If turtle doesn't pick up the hive the turle won't pick up the block :p

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
It's the same way if you think about it.If turtle doesn't pick up the hive the turle won't pick up the block :p

Well, if you break a hive with a mining pick instead of a scoop you won't get any bees. So it kinda makes sense.

CraftUrToe

Jul 29, 2019
I think it destroy the bees and princess in it :p[DOUBLEPOST=1362489213][/DOUBLEPOST]But quarry does pick bees up ;o

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I made a test world, spawned in a mining turtle and some bee hives, made the turtle dig the hive, which dropped nothing. So, no, these don't pick up bees.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I made a test world, spawned in a mining turtle and some bee hives, made the turtle dig the hive, which dropped nothing. So, no, these don't pick up bees.
Crap, tested myself and you're right. I had the info from a player on the server I'm on, which only goes to prove that you should test all info yourself.

God damn it.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest you nuke his base to teach him a lesson. Make sure to fraps both the blast and the ensuing ragequit for extra points.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Let's argue about whether it's op or not! That always livens up the place!

Crap, tested myself and you're right. I had the info from a player on the server I'm on, which only goes to prove that you should test all info yourself.

God damn it.

I see you are arguing with yourself about it. That's dedication! Heheheh.

And yes, we need a scoop turtle.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 miner treats hives like bedrock and will stop if it runs directly into it or if the hive is blocking the path to an ore.

As mentioned turtles destroy the hive and get no bees.

Anyone test the arcane bore?

Block breakers?

BC Quarry gets the bees.

Would be nice if all the automated mining methods treated the hives equally.