Problem Trying to make a server with a previous world

elan

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to make a server with a world i already played on but i cant figure out how to find and put the world file to get it working. please help

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
On the client, world files are located inside /minecraft/saves/<worldnamehere>
On the server, world files are located inside /minecraft/world

Delete everything inside your new server's /minecraft/world folder and replace it with the world files from your client or existing server.

Hope that helps,
Francis

elan

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to make an FTB server tho and there isn't a save folder there. I looked in all the folders but there wasnt a world file. I have been looking in "\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher" is that right?

Pokefan151

Jul 29, 2019
Don't look in the \Appdata\Roaming\ftblauncher folder. Look in the folder where your launcher is (or wherever you selected for the "install folder" on the options tab), and you should see a folder with the name of the modpack you're playing. Open the "minecraft" folder.
If the world you're using for your server is singleplayer, open the saves folder and copy the world you want.(i.e. /Direwolf20/minecraft/saves/<world name>)
(Could someone clarify the process for if the world he's using is multiplayer?)
Regardless of whether the world that you want to use for your new server is singleplayer or multiplayer, delete everything in the world folder for your new server and paste the world into there.

elan

Jul 29, 2019
Don't look in the \Appdata\Roaming\ftblauncher folder. Look in the folder where your launcher is (or wherever you selected for the "install folder" on the options tab), and you should see a folder with the name of the modpack you're playing. Open the "minecraft" folder.
If the world you're using for your server is singleplayer, open the saves folder and copy the world you want.(i.e. /Direwolf20/minecraft/saves/<world name>)
(Could someone clarify the process for if the world he's using is multiplayer?)
Regardless of whether the world that you want to use for your new server is singleplayer or multiplayer, delete everything in the world folder for your new server and paste the world into there.
Thank you very much! i figured it out now i greatly appreciate the help