Windows .exe Trouble with getting modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a big issue getting modpacks since i've been through the FTB support 2 times already to fix my IOException problem with the FTB launcher but the support seems like they don't know what the issue is

The FTB team needs to get manual downloads up for any other people who has the same issue

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot find any ticket with your name on it presently, what is your ticket ID so I can look into this issue further.

Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your setup.

If you continue to have trouble, please post your complete client-side (launcher) console log in debug-mode to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
To find your logs and prevent them from expiring: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
#IGS-375-36965 was my first ticket
#KWM-681-95742 is the one active but the support seems to be ignoring it...

that proves how useful the FTB support is[DOUBLEPOST=1370966061][/DOUBLEPOST]This issue is stopping me from enjoying my day as a gamer because FTB ultimate is my only interest atm and the launcher is just slapping me in the face

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
#IGS-375-36965 was my first ticket
#KWM-681-95742 is the one active but the support seems to be ignoring it...

that proves how useful the FTB support is
Um, excuse me. That is unnecessary. I work my ass off on that help desk every single day.

First ticket ID: From the middle of April. I purged the help desk after this due to the number of tickets on the desk. It was posted about here: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/40/0/where-did-my-ticket-go
Second ticket ID: This staff member has not been available due to real-life conflict.

Before you go about saying anything regarding the help desk staff, remember we are volunteers with lives outside of FTB.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Do the steps in the spoiler above. To receive good help, you must be willing to repeat steps until the error is found and resolved.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You're likely in the category that is described in this section of the troubleshooting guide:
Other USEFUL information:
  • Certain antivirus' (AVG, McAfee, Norton) do not like to be turned off for any reason. Your antivirus may have a timed "Temporary Disable" setting, and you may need to use this setting to download the launcher and/or any modpacks. Though we do no recommend it, you may need to completely uninstall some antivirus' to get them to work.

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't work with the allow all setting for security on YouSee (it does popup after enabling it that the firewall is disabled)

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
YouSee still... lol

Well if i'm translating it from danish to english the complete text is YouSee security package

Demigod

Jul 29, 2019
I know i'm desperate for playing FTB ultimate but sacrificing security and leaving myself wide open to virus is extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.