Trouble With BuildCraft Conductive Pipes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Phantomizer

Jul 29, 2019
Not really sure what this problem could be due to, but i have a 9 Electrical Engine setup using Gold Conductive Pipes to power up my BuildCraft and some Forestry Machines. I have the machines in seperate places, so i basically have 3 junctions, one goes to power a Weather Collector on my roof, one goes to power one set of machines and the other goes to power 3 Lasers ann Ignaeous Extruder (or however you spell that) i have setup. On the second junction, i'm not getting any power whatsoever...it's like power simply refuses to go in that direction. I checked the connections, i re-arranged the pipes/engines...same thing, it's really driving me up the wall considering that it worked fine earlier.

Anyone have any ideas? :(

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
Use redstone energy conduits instead. They should be much more reliable.

Also, electric engines are very inefficient at making MJ, if possible, you should setup your own dedicated MJ production, even if it is just pumping lava from the nether and putting them into a Magmatic Engine.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Does the problem go away if only the machines on the second junction are connected?

Is any part of your network developing an ominous fat blue line in the pipes, like you've created a current loop and she's about to blow?

Redstone energy conduits don't do the current loop thing and are generally superior, but there's also a 5% tax every time energy comes to a T-junction in the conduits.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK there are tax only when you send power from one machine to another and it doesn't care about network shape.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I really like buildcraft pipes these days, but I still really don't like buildcraft conductive pipes.

Redstone conduit and energy cells are where it is at!

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The igneous extruder doesn't require any power whatsoever, and lasers don't drain any power unless you are currently building something from the assembly table. That might be why there's no power coming through - there's simply none needed.

Phantomizer

Jul 29, 2019
My bad about the Extruder, i keep overlooking that it doesn't need any energy.

I use electric engines so don't have to babysit them as far as resupplying them with fuel and obtaining said fuel. I'll check out those redstone energy conduits...i didn't even know such a thing existed.

No, the problem doesn't go away if only the machines at the second junction are connected...even if i connect a straight line to the second junction, the problem persists. Nope, there aren't any loops in the pipe setup or any place where energy gets stuck and starts building up.

Unfortunately, even if the Extruder requires no energy to run, that's one of the direction power is going to just fine :p