Tripling ores 152WGT

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so is there a way to get a 100% output of getting 3 ingots per ore if so can someone show me how i know theres a way with factorization but the setup is really complicated but if you could show me how to do it or any other design that would be great thanks :) Also I'm on 152WGT If you didn't read the title

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Factorisation is the only ore tripling method I know of. Other than that, the only way to triple anything is with iron ore + calcium carbonate cell in an industrial blast furnace, which gives 3 refined iron (which can be macerated + smelted into normal iron if needed).

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so is there a way to get a 100% output of getting 3 ingots per ore if so can someone show me how i know theres a way with factorization but the setup is really complicated but if you could show me how to do it or any other design that would be great thanks :) Also I'm on 152WGT If you didn't read the title

Factorization triples ores. Gregtech's industrial grinder can also triple ores with the right amplifier (it actually MORE than triples ores, you get secondary outputs).

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Dartcraft might be able to do it- I think you can have the effect of fortune IV, and it can smelt/macerate.

Otherwise its either factorization (slow), or gregtech (expensive).

While it is possible to automate the industrial grinder to use the right chemical cell, its somewhat easier just to process lava in a centrifuge and get resources from cobble/netherrack

d601

Jul 29, 2019
Otherwise its either factorization (slow), or gregtech (expensive).

People always complain about how slow factorization is. 615 Ingots/hour isn't too bad. :cool: Then again, on this scale you might as well use gregtech anyway!
YjpYuYU.jpg

Edit: I'll try to give a quick walk through of how my setup works since the OP was really asking for that. I'm using 1.4.7 with Redpower, but only for the mixers, and I'll explain an alternative setup that should work for 1.5.2.

First step: send your ore into some grinders at the top, pull from the side. Factorization only works with iron, copper, tin, silver, and gold. You'll get some "dirty iron gravel" or whatever ore you put in.
pb6y03Fh.jpg

Second step: send your dirty gravel into mixers. Mixers only have 4 slots so it's easy to overflow if you don't regulate the input correctly. Hence I'm using redpower regulators here. The top output bus outputs water buckets that constantly refill elsewhere with a deployer. The level emitter turns on when there's no gravel left. The bottom output bus emits the gravel. The regulator emits a redstone signal when it's jammed, that is sent to the bottom output bus to turn it off. Excess gravel/buckets go into the interface at the top and get recycled into the output buses.

Note that you'll probably want a mixer for each type of gravel to avoid overflow. It's just so much cleaner this way.
jjfreTfh.jpg
The alternative to this method is to output all your gravel to a chest next to a mixer, and have a golem keep the mixer stocked with one gravel and one water bucket. This prevents overflow and doesn't require Redpower.

Third step: slag furnace. Same setup as the grinders, except that slag furnaces need furnace heaters next to them instead of a simple lead wire connection.
QH0ZTCzh.jpg

Final step (the most difficult): crystallizers. If you have enough resources to saturate one or a couple of crystallizers and don't care too much about speed you can use a setup like the one below. Input reduced chunks through the side (this is different from the other machines!) and pull from the top. Crystallizers need furnace heaters as well.
o03zN9Rh.png

If you want to do the most and crank up the speed of ingot production, you can use routers. You need one router for each input slot of the crystallizer. There's no way around this. No other method will equally balance the chunks. Additionally, you need a router to send to all the other routers, and a router to pull from each crystallizer. The router sending to routers needs a machine filter set to item routers, there's no other way to access a routers inventory. The extracting router should have a machine filter set to crystallizers or an item filter set to crystalline iron/gold/whatever, but it's not necessary. Some of the chunks will mistakenly get sent to the pulling router but they'll just get recycled back into the system so it's okay.
ZbwCiqxh.png
The right 5 routers are set to slots 0, 1, 2, 4, and 5. The left top one is the input router and the bottom left is the extracting router.

That's it! I didn't think I'd end up writing this in-depth of a guide for factorization but I just finished building this recently and this was the perfect opportunity to brag explain how it works.

Notes:

If you're going to make a ton of crystallizers you can't forget all the aqua regia you'll need. You can make loads of sulfuric acid by pulverizing or industrial grinding galena, which produces sulfur. You can make gunpowder (necessary for fire charges) by pulverizing sandstone and blaze rods for the niter and TE sulfur.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
There is a "bug" between TC and GT that allows you to create a block of certain metals (iron, gold, etc) and then mine them with a TC pick with fortune 3 and auto smelt to get up to 4x the ingots returned.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
People always complain about how slow factorization is. 615 Ingots/hour isn't too bad. :cool: Then again, on this scale you might as well use gregtech anyway!
YjpYuYU.jpg

Edit: I'll try to give a quick walk through of how my setup works since the OP was really asking for that. I'm using 1.4.7 with Redpower, but only for the mixers, and I'll explain an alternative setup that should work for 1.5.2.

First step: send your ore into some grinders at the top, pull from the side. Factorization only works with iron, copper, tin, silver, and gold. You'll get some "dirty iron gravel" or whatever ore you put in.
pb6y03Fh.jpg

Second step: send your dirty gravel into mixers. Mixers only have 4 slots so it's easy to overflow if you don't regulate the input correctly. Hence I'm using redpower regulators here. The top output bus outputs water buckets that constantly refill elsewhere with a deployer. The level emitter turns on when there's no gravel left. The bottom output bus emits the gravel. The regulator emits a redstone signal when it's jammed, that is sent to the bottom output bus to turn it off. Excess gravel/buckets go into the interface at the top and get recycled into the output buses.

Note that you'll probably want a mixer for each type of gravel to avoid overflow. It's just so much cleaner this way.
jjfreTfh.jpg

The alternative to this method is to output all your gravel to a chest next to a mixer, and have a golem keep the mixer stocked with one gravel and one water bucket. This prevents overflow and doesn't require Redpower.

Third step: slag furnace. Same setup as the grinders, except that slag furnaces need furnace heaters next to them instead of a simple lead wire connection.
QH0ZTCzh.jpg

Final step (the most difficult): crystallizers. If you have enough resources to saturate one or a couple of crystallizers and don't care too much about speed you can use a setup like the one below. Input reduced chunks through the side (this is different from the other machines!) and pull from the top. Crystallizers need furnace heaters as well.
o03zN9Rh.png

If you want to do the most and crank up the speed of ingot production, you can use routers. You need one router for each input slot of the crystallizer. There's no way around this. No other method will equally balance the chunks. Additionally, you need a router to send to all the other routers, and a router to pull from each crystallizer. The router sending to routers needs a machine filter set to item routers, there's no other way to access a routers inventory. The extracting router should have a machine filter set to crystallizers or an item filter set to crystalline iron/gold/whatever, but it's not necessary. Some of the chunks will mistakenly get sent to the pulling router but they'll just get recycled back into the system so it's okay.
ZbwCiqxh.png

The right 5 routers are set to slots 0, 1, 2, 4, and 5. The left top one is the input router and the bottom left is the extracting router.

That's it! I didn't think I'd end up writing this in-depth of a guide for factorization but I just finished building this recently and this was the perfect opportunity to brag explain how it works.
Thank you very useful!

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't cooking ore with rich slag in an induction smelter/furnace triple the output? Or was that removed in 1.5?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Doesn't cooking ore with rich slag in an induction smelter/furnace triple the output? Or was that removed in 1.5?

It does indeed- but the only way to generate rich slag is a 5-10% chance as a byproduct of doubling ores in the smelter.
(So there's not enough of it to triple every ore, but XYcraft aluminium and GregTech pyrite helps a lot)​