Transport liquids without chunk loaders?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Larsque

Jul 29, 2019
As far no chunk loaders, you can easily get away with that. World anchors work exactly just like chunk loaders, only difference is that it loads a 3x3 area versus a desired sized area.

Chunk loaders are banned because people usually keep too many chunks loaded for nothing and it starts to lag the server. (it also depends on the size of the server). I've played on multiple servers - they banned the chunk loaders by world anchors or personal anchors are encouraged to be used.

Also, shoving everything into 1 chunk is byfar the worst idea possible because you're causing the chunk to be constantly updating (if you're using blocks that constantly update) therefore causing lag. I haven't had this happen to me personally, but one of the servers I play on has an individual that shoved all of their machines etc into one chunk and was the prime lagger of the server.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
As far no chunk loaders, you can easily get away with that. World anchors work exactly just like chunk loaders, only difference is that it loads a 3x3 area versus a desired sized area.

Chunk loaders are banned because people usually keep too many chunks loaded for nothing and it starts to lag the server. (it also depends on the size of the server). I've played on multiple servers - they banned the chunk loaders by world anchors or personal anchors are encouraged to be used.

Also, shoving everything into 1 chunk is byfar the worst idea possible because you're causing the chunk to be constantly updating (if you're using blocks that constantly update) therefore causing lag. I haven't had this happen to me personally, but one of the servers I play on has an individual that shoved all of their machines etc into one chunk and was the prime lagger of the server.
This thread is almost a year old.

Endiman

Jul 29, 2019
Random Question: How do u open the map thats in the right corner of ur screen? I tried the hexxit way of opening it, but it didnt work, how do u do it? FTB UNLEASED

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Random Question: How do u open the map thats in the right corner of ur screen? I tried the hexxit way of opening it, but it didnt work, how do u do it? FTB UNLEASED
Use the ask a simple question get a simple answer thread. Post there and I will answer. You could have taken time to find he thread, ON THIS PAGE, for your question.

Reactions: Padfoote

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably do it with a bunch of linked tank carts with myself riding shotgun. Not automated but you could move a lot of liquids, every now and then, pretty painlessly. It's what I do on my ssp worlds (from oil depots) until I have enough diamonds and ender pearls for all the chunk loading I want to do.

Plus, carts are fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1396045580][/DOUBLEPOST]Oops, didn't realize the thread was so old. Carry on.

Larsque

Jul 29, 2019
You can always craft EE3 given if you have a minium stone and endless (not endless but sufficient) amounts of iron.

Kremlin16

Jul 29, 2019
I started this thread a year ago ad forgot it existed until you lot revived it. I have since changed servers and they allow chunk loaders. Can a mod please close this thread so it can die in peace?