Transferring items between worlds

B

Boldar

Hi,
i am not sure if this is the right area here, but nevertheless:
I made a small mistake while generating a world on my server, resulting in BoP being bugged.
I noticed it only after building some stuff, and now i have the problem to take my base with me.
I packed it all up and but it into storage crates. Then i copied my player dat file over to the new world only to find out that some blockid's changed.
What would be the best solution to this?
Can I generate a new world using the block ID's from the old one? I think that would be ideal.
I added one mod after Creation of the world, if i remove it temporarily, should it have the same id?
Or can i translate the ID's somehow? I Noticed there being a MCEdit which claimes to be able to handle that kind of stuff, but can it also handle Blocks inside an ME storage?
Or are there any better solutions to this?
lg Boldar

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
i am not sure if this is the right area here, but nevertheless:
I made a small mistake while generating a world on my server, resulting in BoP being bugged.
I noticed it only after building some stuff, and now i have the problem to take my base with me.
I packed it all up and but it into storage crates. Then i copied my player dat file over to the new world only to find out that some blockid's changed.
What would be the best solution to this?
Can I generate a new world using the block ID's from the old one? I think that would be ideal.
I added one mod after Creation of the world, if i remove it temporarily, should it have the same id?
Or can i translate the ID's somehow? I Noticed there being a MCEdit which claimes to be able to handle that kind of stuff, but can it also handle Blocks inside an ME storage?
Or are there any better solutions to this?
lg Boldar
If u have ae2 dump the whole area with all the Stuff in a spatial io and keep that in your Inventory
Definitely Backup the Player.dat
Cant.u just fix what ever is causing It - restart Server and Run in a chunk thats not generated yet?

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

ShadowHawk707

Nov 20, 2014
If you simply want to transfer items, the NEI save inventory feature worked very well for me. I deconstructed and transferred my entire base in some AE cells. You could also try spatial io as mentioned by trinityamc. You might be able to use MCedit to transfer the chunks of your base into a new world, but I don't know how hard that would be. If you could post a bit more about the BoP problem, that would be helpful.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The problem is that Minecraft in 1.7.x is in the middle of a transition from block ID numbers to block names. When you create a new world, the names are randomly assigned numbers and can be different for each new world. The saved game data at this point is still using tables of numbers. I'm sure one of the files in the saved game data contains the map from names to numbers, but I don't know which one. Recurrent Complex seems to save data in a way that can be copied between worlds, but has a bit of a learning curve. The simplest solution is probably to just go into creative and grab what you don't want to have to start over from scratch.

B

Boldar

I got it working, and here is what i did:
I copied the old level.dat into a new Folder, opened it with an NBT-Editor and changed the world type to BIOMESOP (that was the problem with the old world, it created a default world even though i changed it in the server.properties). Then i generated a new world and copied the players over. That worked, because the ID-Name-list seems to be in the level.dat and therefore was identical. Thanks for all the replies.