Transfering Ultimate -> Direwolf20 V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Am_Pariah

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys.
I was wondering if, mainly how to transfer a Ultimate world to the DW20V2 pack. now i know there will be ID conflicts and stuff like Redpowers stuff will disappear and thats ok.
What files that come with the map would i have to delete, all the config files?

Cycloneium

Jul 29, 2019
Ive never done it before, but I believe all you need to do is move your world from the saves folder over to the new one. ID conflicts will be horrendous however. A friend of mine did something similar once for a server and let me tell you there were random blocks all over! enderchests in place of mod flowers, and much much more chaos. why you would want to change packs beats me though. if dire has something ultimate doesn't just manually download the mod and install it.

jshann04

Jul 29, 2019
Cycloneium, that is not always a real option, seeing as Ultimate is still 1.4.7 and DW20v2 is 1.5.7. There were several improvements in base Minecraft in the version upgrade and several mods that do not have a 1.4.7 version or have a 1.4.7 version that are quite different or less developed than the 1.5 versions. For example Tinker's Construct and Natura by mDiyo. Infinicraft (the old version) existed in 1.4.7, but it did not give the same feeling as the 1.5 versions give.

I also have never done the transfer either, but I would suggest if you are really determined to do so that you make a list of the mods that ultimate has that DW20v2 does not have (ExtraBiomesXL, SecretRooms, Gregtech if you want that, ect...) and get the configs as close as you can in terms of Ids and energy settings so that they don't mess with existing infrastructure. I don't think you would need to delete any files from the world save, but I'm not 100% sure. The kind of work involved basically negates the reason behind using a modpack for most people. I would honestly suggest you just start from new if that is a viable option. Several of the mods in DW20v2 give some good early game content so you could miss out on quite a bit by skipping to mid/endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.