Transfering Modpacks from one Pc to another

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

J.A.F.U

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a little issue I have...
I live in the middle of nowhere, and have the slowest "broadband" (if you can even call it that) internet connection possible. With an average speed of 80kb/s, downloading a modpack takes more time than I actually spend playing it.
Now if downloading a 200mb pack is bad enough, I have to then let my brother download it... so it's ends up with us taking 2-3 hours to get the same modpack that we then don't play because we've gotten bored of waiting hours and hours for it to finish downloading.

I'm wondering if I could download the modpack, then pass it through LAN to my brother for him to then just throw it into a directory and play. Is this possible? If there is a way for us to copy/paste modpacks to each other, then please tell me how!

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Go to the FTB folder and you'll see the modpack folder within it. Copy that and you're good.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I've actually done stuff like this before (when I had dialup) and it worked fine for me. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
With MultiMC, you just copy/paste the instance folder onto a flash drive and you are good to go. And MultiMC can recognize all your FTB instances. Or you can just copy/paste the minecraft folder over for your FTB pack directly. Whichever you prefer.