Trade-o-mat protection

shakey2

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I have trade-o-mats set up at spawn, but spawn protection is preventing other players from accessing the trade-o-mat. Is there any other way I could protect my trade-o-mats from being destroyed while still allowing other players to use them? I'm trying to set up a system to sell my players items that can't be obtained because the crafting ingredients are banned, like say dark iron blocks.

Spasticon

Jul 29, 2019
You may need to wait until Forge is bukkit compatible again. I haven't found any good forge based block protection mods.

UPDATE: Eeeh... looks like Forge <3 Bukkit won't happen. So let me rephrase: You may need to wait until Forge has added some APIs so that bukkit mods can be ported to Forge.

There are some awesome ones for bukkit (my personal favorite is http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/grief-prevention)... however you'll probably have to massage it to get it to work right. A lot of the cool mods required op level access in bukkit in order to work properly which tended to bypass grief prevention.

That's why some lazy tekkit servers disable things like quarries, turtles, etc since they wouldn't play nice with the block protection mods.

Another option might be to check out the Forestry Trade Station... I think it has built in block protection. I haven't tested it myself on SMP though so don't quote me on that.

TheNoobYouHate

Jul 29, 2019
trade o mats, and personal safes cannot be touched by anyone but you, IF you placed it is yours.

sidenote, trade o mats are only yours if you OPEN them first.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Bukkit will probebly not work with forge on 1.4.5. You could already find that info right here.

Also there is a Dev team "Forge Essentials" that i talk with a lot, working on a mod pack addition to add more server security.

Milso

Jul 29, 2019
personal safes work but make sure to block them off and there are way to get items out of personal safes. (IE block off the safe with bedrock so only to T-O-M is exposed.)

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
You could build a few public wrath furnaces near spawn, this way players have a way to bring their iron blocks and exchange them for dark iron, although this might only be a temporary solution.