Top Weapons and Armor

Varsenic

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like blood armor is the best but I've never gotten into arsmagica very much so which is better blood armor and tools or battle Mage armour and offensive spells?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
For a weapon, RotaryCraft's gravel gun is ridiculous. It's a fairly cheap, early accessible item which scales up in power quite excessively as you get deeper into the mod. Rapid firing, practically infinite shots off of a single charge, cheap and plentiful ammo (literally just gravel), unlimited range, no projectile drop. Damage? Goes into the hundreds of hearts. The only thing that keeps it somewhat in check is the tendency of steel windsprings to randomly break when wound up tight, but even then you can get enough to one-shot most anything except endermen (immune to ranged) and zombies in enchanted gold armor. After all, it might cost you a bunch of steel because you wreck five springs in a row, but if the sixth holds together, you basically don't need to recharge anymore. And once you have bedrock-infused high strength springs, all bets are off. Reika might change this behavior somewhat in future versions, so use and abuse it now while it's hot! :p

My favorite equipment set is IC2-based though. Specifically the advanced nano chestplate from the Gravitation Suite addon. I never really bother building the gravisuit/quantum gear itself, but the advanced nano chestplate is quite good. Integrated jetpack that flies slowly when you need precision and has a boost mode key for quick travel when you need to cross distance; integrated tool-powering capability; and of course the high damage resistance of electric armor. I pair it with a nanosaber, which can deal up to 15 hearts of damage on a critical jump attack. It's very power-hungry when on, but the advanced nano chestplate thankfully has that tool supply capability. I love the look of that set, I love the flavor, and I definitely do love that nanosaber. Extremely underrated weapon due to its price and the fact that few players have the patience to go deep into IC2 when other mods give you their stuff for less cost and effort. Definitely worth it in multiplayer when people ask "did you just kill eight zombies in eight hits?!" :D Oh, and it's also the only weapon that ignores quantum armor invulnerability.

Reactions: Blockmaster139

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I like Power Armor because I like playing around with all the modules and tweaking it.

Bedrock armor is also pretty good. I mean you can jump from the top of the world and have no fall damage, swim in lava, and so on.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I personally tend towards the Tinker's Battleaxe as a weapon -it has the damage boost of the cleaver without the debuffs, it can function as a speed booster when you have a good food supply and with the right modifiers it can one-shot any mob that isn't heavily armoured.

In terms of armour, I would put KAMI armour, MPS and Bound armour on similar levels. Not managed to get deep enough into Botania yet, but I think Elementium armour is meant to be pretty resilient. I also want to try out Thaumcraft's new endgame armour at some point as well, because that looks really cool

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I look like a walking weapon shop. I've been carrying a shadow steel rapier, enchanted bound sword, cryotheum sword from Redstone Arsenal (whatever it's called), and a wing sword from dartcraft (since I had to give up flight when I went to my blood armor). lol.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Well, seems like everyone's favorite is the almighty bound armor; I guess I can't actually blame ya' all. @Gideonseymour will agree, I'm pretty sure.
Now, for a more "techy" approach, in 1.7, I've been using the Redstone Arsenal armor, maxed out from Protection books directly from my Ender IO Enchanter; God, I love that thing. Well, and as far as taking damage goes, I'm pretty much settled. I really can't take any damage.
Well, there is the sacrificial knife, but ya' know.

And weapon-wise: I've been using a maxed out on quartz manyullyn rapier. It does +20 damage, plus the fact that it can ignore armor makes it pretty much flawless.
For the ranged weapon, I ran back to my Redstone Arsenal, and made myself an Flux-Infused Bow, enchanted with Infinity and maxed out on Power. A bit of an overkill, if you ask me.
That's it, I think.

I like tech mods, that's all, please don't judge me

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
o_O I didn't say Bound Armour here.
Well, seems like everyone's favorite is the almighty bound armor; I guess I can't actually blame ya' all. @Gideonseymour will agree, I'm pretty sure.
Now, for a more "techy" approach, in 1.7, I've been using the Redstone Arsenal armor, maxed out from Protection books directly from my Ender IO Enchanter; God, I love that thing. Well, and as far as taking damage goes, I'm pretty much settled. I really can't take any damage.
Well, there is the sacrificial knife, but ya' know.

And weapon-wise: I've been using a maxed out on quartz manyullyn rapier. It does +20 damage, plus the fact that it can ignore armor makes it pretty much flawless.
For the ranged weapon, I ran back to my Redstone Arsenal, and made myself an Flux-Infused Bow, enchanted with Infinity and maxed out on Power. A bit of an overkill, if you ask me.
That's it, I think.

I like tech mods, that's all, please don't judge me
Oh, I know ways to kill you. Drowning Lessons! ;)

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
isn't there sigil that prevents drowning?
At least one. Sigil of the dome makes the liquids afraid of you, and sigil of water probably gives water breathing (not 100% sure since I use a sigil of elemental affinity for water breathing..shame it can't go into the armor...at least in 1.6)

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Elemental affinity will never go into the armour. You can get the effects of one by putting a water sigil, a fire sigil, and an air sigil into your armour set, but Way decided that getting all that for one sigil space was slightly too easy.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Blood Armor
  2. Quantum Armor
  3. Bedrock Armor
  4. Flux Armor
  5. Obsidian Armor
But they are all weak when you use rapier on them?!

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to do more testing to be sure, but even things that bypass armor seem to draw damage from the blood pool before they hurt you, unless you have the Inhibit debuff.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't insanely OP but very useful, its the Force Armor and Force Tools they have very useful modify system and isn't too difficult to get

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Manasteel armour from Botania makes a decent early/mid game armour due to its high enchantability and (technically) infinite durability

L

LibraHunter98

In my opinion, I would go with Flaxbeard's steam power mod. If you add in the several mods listed that it is compatible with, you can customize the exo-suit it provides with different plating and upgrades. plus it is not overpowered like some mod armors are since it has limits.

For weapons, the only things flaxbeard provides are guns and standard swords from the metals it gives, so I would get one from one of the compatible mods. Maybe the sword of Zephyr?