Top Weapons and Armor

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by MoosyDoosy, Jan 27, 2014.

1. MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy New Member

Probably talked about already, but I haven't seen it yet, so might as well. What do you guys think are the best weapons and armor in the FTB packs?

I've mainly been using Tinker's Construct for weapons and Modular Power Suits for armor, but that's getting kind of stale. Also, it might be fun to have a more powerful sword. Are there any alternatives to the most powerful weapons? I'm guessing MPS is pretty much the top tier besides Quantum Armor. (No IC2 fights here please.)

Keep in mind availability, cost, and obviously how powerful the weapons / armor is.

2. Padfoote

Padfoote Brick Thrower Team Member Forum Moderator

I'd argue that the Bound Armor from Blood Magic is in the top tiers of armor if you have a good, solid system for passive LP generation. Plus, with the customization through sigils on the armor, it can be crafted to fit specific needs.

As for weapons, the Tinkers weaponry is up there, with the possibility of the Bound Sword if it can be enchanted (I haven't tried to yet).

3. SynfulChaot

SynfulChaot New Member

Don't forget the Flux-infused Sword from Redstone Arsenal or the apparently now craftable Exo-suit from Tinker's. The bedrock armor from RotaryCraft may be decent, but I have no clue where it sits power-wise.

And then there is the armor from TT Kami...

PierceSG and Padfoote like this.
  4. Loufmier

Loufmier New Member

about that... here is a quote from MCF's TiC thread:

5. Redius

Redius New Member

You can, though I've only been able to get Smite V and Knockback 2 from my Tartarite enchanter to stick on it. (just an FYI, you can enchant ALL the bound tools....blood pick with fortune 3 in beast mode is glorious)

Padfoote likes this.
  6. Wekmor

Wekmor New Member

For armor I like a thaumium-boots of the travelers-mix. Because I like to not be able to fly, but still run fast:) haste 3 is awesome :b

Also auto-repair ;)

Send via tapatalk

MigukNamja likes this.
  7. SynfulChaot

SynfulChaot New Member

That is ... completely and utterly absurd. >.<

PierceSG, MoosyDoosy and Padfoote like this.
  8. MigukNamja

MigukNamja New Member

The TC4 stuff is indeed pretty cool. I took a break from MPS my last world and used TC4 armor exclusively and am glad I did. It was a nice change of pace.

The Wand Focus : Shock is a great offensive weapon. While not as powerful as many other ranged weapons, it has one of the coolest effects.

Padfoote likes this.
  9. Padfoote

Padfoote Brick Thrower Team Member Forum Moderator

As others have said, the Thaumium armor is quite nice. I personally wouldn't use it until you get an Osmotic Enchanter and can pick every enchant that goes onto it, as that just allows you to become a tank. Combine that with some TiCo extra hearts and certain AM2 affinities and you have successfully created a walking wall.

10. MigukNamja

MigukNamja New Member

In MF2, I'm waiting for Osmotic Enchanter exactly before swap out the "Diamond armor with random enchantment from mob drops" for self-made Thaumcraft armor.

Which mod causes mobs to drop that armor, btw ? Is it Infernal Mobs ? I love the Diablo-esque "champion"-style mobs with random effects. I now seek those out so I can get a chance at a diamond armor w/random enchantment on it drop. That is clearly the best random (mob or chest) dropped armor that I've found so far.

@Jadedcat did a great job putting together MF2. It feels like the mods are working together to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. I'm enjoying myself so much that I don't miss my old standby mods nor do I feel like I just have to "get through" a certain phase of progression. No rush at all and am loving the journey ;-)

Padfoote and Jadedcat like this.
  11. Dark0_0firE

Dark0_0firE New Member

... this is Minecraft... walls rarely last all that long :D

ThomazM and Padfoote like this.
  12. Wekmor

Wekmor New Member

Sooo thaumium has a pretty good enchantability already. I don't worry too much about random enchants, especially since I can just uncraft with the uncrafting table from Twilight Forest.
    If you do tho, if you have MFR and bibliocraft installed you can make all the books you want, or just enchant books randomly and put that on :b

MigukNamja likes this.
  13. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

Ars Magica Battlemage armor is pretty awesome, as is Thaumium and the TF armors.

MigukNamja and Padfoote like this.
  14. kaiomann

kaiomann New Member

For a weapon I use a flux infused sword from Redstone Arsenal (can they be enchanted?)
    Armor is kinda a mess still. Using an ic2 jetpack and long fall boots, the rest bronze for basic protection. I might make mage armor or something of that sort.

15. Redius

Redius New Member

I'm still a huge fan of Blood armor; full armor rating, and your LP network takes the damage from 99% of the bosses in game. (AM2 bosses bypass the armor, notably the Nature guardian. That guy sucks.)

Enchant the 4 pieces with Nightvision, resistance to fire, resist fall damage, and boost2 (step assist, jump height) and you're pretty much a juggernaut that can fall, walk in lava, and do otherwise goofy things.

16. MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy New Member

Haven't found any sign of a crafting recipe for Exo's, although it sounds neat.

Also, Flux infused sword from Redstone Arsenal can be enchanted, I believe. In that case, Flux Infused Sword might be more powerful than Tinker's I think. Might be decent to test and try out.

Blood Magic armor sounds awesome. I might try it out when I feel like taking down a Nature Guardian. :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    kaiomann likes this.
  17. Wekmor

Wekmor New Member

I've heard that it got a crafting recipe in the latest dev version

MoosyDoosy likes this.
  18. WTFFFS

WTFFFS New Member

I'm using TC4 armor, Boots of the Traveller\TT helm with Goggles installed\Thaumostatic Harness and some random legs that I will replace when they break. With the enchants from Vanilla\TT I haven't found anything which can actually really bother me (even though my armor bar is only half full), I have a jump that is at least 20 blocks, I glide when falling, I run ridiculously fast, I can see all the Thaumcraft nodes and details and when I need to I can fly. (I don't mind being this almost overpowered the cost in time\materials and sheer RNGness is fair imo)
    As far as weaponry goes the Flux infused sword is nice for all up in your grill action but my main goto weapon is the TC wand with potency\frugal and a couple of combat foci it just rips through mobs, it's also nice to have the option of lightning\fire\ice as damage types (though I will be making some KAMI stuff soon, the shadowbeam focus and the awakened ichorium sword look like FUN)

MoosyDoosy likes this.
  19. Zenthon_127

Zenthon_127 New Member

I have Bound Armor that resists everything outside of AM2 (Nature Guardian, go die in a hole), but with maxed Aqua Affinity, Thorns, TT Jump Boost and Haste. I can practically jump up mountains lol.

Tornado3019 and Padfoote like this.
  20. Niels Henriksen

Niels Henriksen New Member

Im only running around (well flying around) with MPS and one Resonant Energy Cell in my inventory and 1 or 2 ekstra in my backpack for backup.