Too Much Ore...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah bees are good and all but there is something magical about watching 6 quarrys running at full power in the deep dark all at the same time. :p

Oh I absolutely agree. I often just sit and watch my quarry, it's mesmerizing for some strange reason, probably related to OCD. lol

But the thing with the quarry is, it leaves big holes. I know, I know... I'm living in the FTB past by still using the original Buildcraft quarry. Actually, I put my alvearies into that big hole, so one or two is okay... but having ten or fifty big huge holes is def not okay. So... I use bees. Environmentally friendly bees. :)

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I absolutely agree. I often just sit and watch my quarry, it's mesmerizing for some strange reason, probably related to OCD. lol

But the thing with the quarry is, it leaves big holes. I know, I know... I'm living in the FTB past by still using the original Buildcraft quarry. Actually, I put my alvearies into that big hole, so one or two is okay... but having ten or fifty big huge holes is def not okay. So... I use bees. Environmentally friendly bees. :)
Well... I still use the good old buildcraft quarry to do my digging... as long as it is in the deep dark. I love it so much! :D

B0bGary

Jul 29, 2019
What type of mining machine do you use????? Getting that much that quickly! And you could fill all the area where your cables run with blocks of metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said in the OP it is like Direwolf20's uberminer.
Cpntutr.png
It's in an extreme hills biome age so I also get emeralds.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
But the thing with the quarry is, it leaves big holes. I know, I know... I'm living in the FTB past by still using the original Buildcraft quarry.

If you have it you should use Ender Qurray. Its not so expensive to make. Or you could use Laser Drill - I havent been using a qurray for a long time now becuase Im using a laser drill.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I just can't stand the idea that the earth is holding resources I don't yet possess.

The world looks so much tidier when it's empty space all the way down to bedrock and all its' riches are stored neatly within Colin.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
You can store the excess in trash cans or nullifiers.

Oh, and lemme guess, all the ore you mine you process via some ore multiplication setup like extractor or stuff like that?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you have it you should use Ender Qurray. Its not so expensive to make.

Oh I disagree with that. I played on a server that had banned all quarries except the ender quarry... so I went to build one, and found out it needs 16 enchanted books. LOL I considered that extremely expensive, mainly because I had no way of making 16 enchanted books at that time. The fact that it was going to take me quite a while to get to the point where I could get a quarry up and running on that server is pretty much the reason why I don't play there anymore. Not their fault... just wasn't a fun setup for my play style.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Oh I disagree with that. I played on a server that had banned all quarries except the ender quarry... so I went to build one, and found out it needs 16 enchanted books. LOL I considered that extremely expensive, mainly because I had no way of making 16 enchanted books at that time. The fact that it was going to take me quite a while to get to the point where I could get a quarry up and running on that server is pretty much the reason why I don't play there anymore. Not their fault... just wasn't a fun setup for my play style.
If I remember correctly, the recipe that uses the enchanted books gives you more enchanted wood if the books have stronger enchantments. If you use stronger books, you'll certainly need less leather, paper, and wood, but I don't know if doing so will require more than 16 levels.