Too much iron

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Just as the title states, I have too much iron. I need to find ways to waste it XD

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
Start building an underwater base with the iron block/black wool/glass motif; it looks really nice.

If you don't have quite THAT much iron, then you could transmute it to other materials or invest in some nice furniture.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
It all depends on what you have, really.

Railcraft tanks are really iron-hungry, the Low pressure boilers also require quite a lot of it, steel for High pressure boilers also comes from Iron.

If you still have way too much, you can have fun with Modular Power Suit, as most modules cost a fair bit of it.

If your build style allows for it, you can use Iron blocks (and the micro blocks made from it).

As I said, I have no idea of what you have, or what "too much iron" refers to.
I personally never have enough of it, because I love Railcraft, making rails, tanks, Steve's carts carts...

If you are really way into endgame, you might want to use EE3 or Thaumcraft to get what you need that requires Iron as a base too.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
My first Suggestion would be HP steam boilers and Industrial Steam Engines. That will chew through that iron in no time. If you have EE3 available convert some Iron to gold (or diamonds) or ender pearls. If you still have to much and you are using the ultimate mod pack you could just stick it in a deep storage unit.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
You could burn a few stacks of iron blocks building the pyramid for a beacon that provides every possible buff. If you build it as efficiently as possible, that's about 4 stacks of iron blocks. If you build all the pyramids separately that's a bit more than 15 stacks (you'd need a total of 8,856 ingots).

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
316548.jpg

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Use Uncrafting Tables to get all that Iron Back, you'll need it. Then set up an autocrafting table ... and make an army of Iron Furnaces!

As in, a true army. One that would cause the entire ancient Roman military to scream, turn, and trample itself trying to get away.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
I used it to make dark iron to make routers that circulate all of my items in an endless loop