Too easy

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlexDeathwind

Jul 29, 2019
So you're essentially asking for harder mobs or a progression based mod like a quest type mod? I agree. There should definitely be some high tier mob besides the Wither (can kill that in 3-6 blows, I forgot) or the Ender Dragon (just annoying). The problem is that mods tend to use vanilla Minecraft as a "baseline." After all, you have to cater for those people that use just vanilla MC with their choice mods added. The thing is, the mod we have in mind will need more than just enchanted diamond armor which goes beyond the vanilla MC baseline.
What I'm trying to get at is that a mod maker has to take other mods like Modular Power Suits or the KAMI armor into consideration when making the super hard mob. Once that happens, there'll be a "reason" for having the super powered gear as we'll use it to defeat the boss. Or have boss mobs that come around once in a while that increase in difficulty with play time so that there's a reason to continue to get super powered gear.
But now the problem is that there are those players who build slowly or like to completely finish a mod before moving on, and they might lag behind the mob mod and find that they're not ready in time and continuously die / lose stuff (as the mobs from the mod should destroy things). So you have to have people ready for the mod, but also cater for the people who like to grab the armor first.
So as a result, whatever direction you go, you'll be catering for a very small group of people out of the modded minecraft community, which brings up the question of whether or not it's worth it to maintain such a mod.
:) Just my 2 cents.

The best way to do this to cater to everyone would be to add an item that is given to the player on world gen or that can be crafted with just some wood that activates the hard mobs/bosses. Then on servers admins. Could simply ban the item and cheat it in when their server is ready.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cosmology27

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
There is no reason to play minecraft, then. If you cannot accomplish a goal you set and feel satisfaction in that goal... then this may not be the game for you.
[/quote]

I don't know how to do your fancy quote business, or else I would, haha.
What I mean by not having a reason is this: In Vanilla MC, why do you craft a sword? Obviously to kill mobs, so that you can live. Why do you craft a diamond sword? To better kill those same mobs. Suppose you were to be able to craft a sword that did 100 damage each hit, obviously you'd craft it to have an easier time, because everything would die in one hit. Now suppose there's another sword after that, that does 200 damage per hit. Would you craft it? Probably, but there would be no point, because everything already dies in one hit. What I want is a reason to craft that sword.

I don't think you can really tell me that MC isn't the game for me. I build whole complexes with a building for each mod. I design the landscape by hand, and build factories that mass produce building materials so I can build whatever I want. I try and get to the end of every mod, simultaneously, because I feel the need to conquer everything. I design buildings using varying forms of architecture to try and make every build unique, with it's own appeal. This is the greatest game I've ever played, by far. I absolutely love it, which I've stated numerous times here. Just because I want the game to give me something to use my gear on doesn't mean this game isn't for me. If I have OP stuff, I'd like to have OP enemies or situations to use it on, that's all I'm saying.

The battle creation situation is fun, I've tried that a bit, but I suppose I could manufacture artificial situations on my own to try and give me a reason to make better gear.

It seems to me like you need to play with the Twilight Forest more.

As I said, the Twilight is great, but it's too easy. I've beaten one of the Nether Towers with almost no gear. Now that I have OP gear, why would that still be a challenge? Twilight is amazing, but you can't tell me it requires anything beyond Vanilla to beat.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You want a reason to make a sword that deals 200 damage even though one that deals 100 damage is more then enough? Maybe Divine RPG is what you're looking for.... or Ore spawn.
As I said, the Twilight is great, but it's too easy. I've beaten one of the Nether Towers with almost no gear. Now that I have OP gear, why would that still be a challenge? Twilight is amazing, but you can't tell me it requires anything beyond Vanilla to beat.
No, it doesn't. But add something beyond vanilla or Twilight Forest, especially flight, and any threat basically doesn't exist. A suit of iron armor, maybe a diamond sword, some food, and some potions. That's it. You can beat TF, maybe with difficulty, but you can beat it. But swap that armor for a Modular Power suit, the sword for a Thaumcraft wand(or a Ars Magica spellbook), food with a brown crystal pendant from Geostrata, and healing potions with some other way to heal, maybe the AM2 spellbook with healing spells, or a wand focus for TC that can heal you... and the threats of anything there is nil.
TF is balanced against vanilla, and not all mods are as weak as vanilla.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
No, it doesn't. But add something beyond vanilla or Twilight Forest, especially flight, and any threat basically doesn't exist. A suit of iron armor, maybe a diamond sword, some food, and some potions. That's it. You can beat TF, maybe with difficulty, but you can beat it. But swap that armor for a Modular Power suit, the sword for a Thaumcraft wand(or a Ars Magica spellbook), food with a brown crystal pendant from Geostrata, and healing potions with some other way to heal, maybe the AM2 spellbook with healing spells, or a wand focus for TC that can heal you... and the threats of anything there is nil.
TF is balanced against vanilla, and not all mods are as weak as vanilla.
Actually, that same vanilla can get as strong as modded MC with just a few things. Full protection IV diamond armor gives you 96% damage reduction, a diamond sword with sharpness V deals 13 damage per hit, bows with a high enough power enchantment are absurdly powerful, ender pearls with good enough acuracy and feather falling boots can be better than any flight method, and then there are potions as well.
The TF might be a fun place to explore when you're new to the mod, but once you've seen some of the things it adds and fought the bosses (most likely with no trouble at all, unles you ran into them while naked), the mod doesn't have that much other than absurd amounts of redstone and lapis. At least it still seems to be getting new content.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, that same vanilla can get as strong as modded MC with just a few things. Full protection IV diamond armor gives you 96% damage reduction, a diamond sword with sharpness V deals 13 damage per hit, bows with a high enough power enchantment are absurdly powerful, ender pearls with good enough acuracy and feather falling boots can be better than any flight method, and then there are potions as well.
The TF might be a fun place to explore when you're new to the mod, but once you've seen some of the things it adds and fought the bosses (most likely with no trouble at all, unles you ran into them while naked), the mod doesn't have that much other than absurd amounts of redstone and lapis. At least it still seems to be getting new content.
Wait
That is more powerful than nano-armor

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to do your fancy quote business, or else I would, haha.
What I mean by not having a reason is this: In Vanilla MC, why do you craft a sword? Obviously to kill mobs, so that you can live. Why do you craft a diamond sword? To better kill those same mobs. Suppose you were to be able to craft a sword that did 100 damage each hit, obviously you'd craft it to have an easier time, because everything would die in one hit. Now suppose there's another sword after that, that does 200 damage per hit. Would you craft it? Probably, but there would be no point, because everything already dies in one hit. What I want is a reason to craft that sword.

What you want is more content. Mod developers can only deliver so much. Most games have run out of content LONG before Modded Minecraft can.

I don't think you can really tell me that MC isn't the game for me. I build whole complexes with a building for each mod. I design the landscape by hand, and build factories that mass produce building materials so I can build whatever I want. I try and get to the end of every mod, simultaneously, because I feel the need to conquer everything. I design buildings using varying forms of architecture to try and make every build unique,onfe with it's own appeal. This is the greatest game I've ever played, by far. I absolutely love it, which I've stated numerous times here. Just because I want the game to give me something to use my gear on doesn't mean this game isn't for me. If I have OP stuff, I'd like to have OP enemies or situations to use it on, that's all I'm saying.

I dunno how to continue the conversation then. What you explicitly reject is the idea that it's your responsibility to craft your own challenges. Perhaps become a modder and make the game you want to play?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've played Monster for about a month now and I have bees making just about any material I need in conjunction with some Forestry and Steve's Carts farms and my Cursed Earth grinder and Auto-Spawner.

So what now? This happens every modpack for me. Right now I'm doing all the ExtraTrees, creating species and making stacks of each tree. Next I'll probably delve into ReactorCraft and try to learn that mod.

But there's just something missing from Minecraft at "endgame". It needs some sorta goal, the one I always think about is the mod where you have to get to the moon (Kerbal Space Program? just kidding... I think it's called Galacticraft?). That sorta goal. An epic goal. I do view this as a problem with the game, I mean we have killing the Enderdragon as the "ending", and the credits even roll after that's done... so there's our endgame. But in FTB it comes somewhere between early and mid-game. LOL

I know this is a "creative building" game, and yeah I'm not the most motivated creative builder, so maybe this isn't the perfect game for me. But why do I play it every day then? I like to have a goal to work towards, not just "creativity" as the goal. I dunno. I think about this a lot (since I play the game so much). I wish there was more at "endgame", I agree with the OP.

Edit: Due to bad multiplayer experiences, I pretty much play single player mode, and the stuff I make in SSP just seem so lonely because there's nobody around to utilize or appreciate my creations. That's part of my bias, because what's the point of creating something wondrous if there's nobody who even knows it exists? That's why I crave having more "end game goals" in the game, to give me something to strive for.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Consider some mix and matching of mods. I really enjoyed Horizons with Roguelike dungeons. Mix in Special Mobs and other super monsters. No mining, loot can only come from dungeons. There's a few hours more of fun. Try playing it only using Ars Magicka spells.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
The only "true" answer tl;dr is to either a. learn coding and make that challenge in order to make it worth it to get a 400 damage sword or b. convince a modder to do it for you. Truthfully, I don't actually have the inclination nor willpower to do either so I gave up the quest to do so a long time ago. :)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Wait
That is more powerful than nano-armor
If I'm not mistaken, a full Nano set gives you exactly the same amount of protection as full diamond armor (that is, 80%). Protection IV times four is what makes you nearly unkillable here.
Just for the record, MPS with four full diamond/force field shield modules also gives you 96% damage reduction. I believe that also counts for every kind of damage, unlike the vanilla set which doesn't protect against some things like void damage.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken, a full Nano set gives you exactly the same amount of protection as full diamond armor (that is, 80%). Protection IV times four is what makes you nearly unkillable here.
Just for the record, MPS with four full diamond/force field shield modules also gives you 96% damage reduction. I believe that also counts for every kind of damage, unlike the vanilla set which doesn't protect against some things like void damage.
nope, just checked the wiki. Nano is like 92% or 94%

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm not playing this game to fight stuff. I'm playing to build cool and beautiful things. If I didn't consider that a worthwhile end, didn't consider it satisfaction enough to stand back at some point and look at what I build, I would play another game. There are tons of games with a focus on fighting, it is, in fact, one of the main attractions of Minecraft that it doesn't need to be. I do build crazy powerful armor and weapons, too, and what they do is very, very much what I want: making hostile entities less of a consideration. There is more powerful stuff that makes the Wither fight super-easy? Great, I want it!

The challenges I want are of a different kind: creating a working resource infrastructure for a complex base. Doing crazy powerful stuff with the things I have built, like teleporting my base around. Making things look good enough that I can show them off in screenshots and people go "wow". Those are the things I can put effort into and feel good about. Combat - is a chore.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Is BnB not automagically set to hardcore?
No...
Btw, I love your name... In my alerts "No One quoted your post". :p That would be hillarious if you liked someones post.... "No One liked your post"...