Today, I learned...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Dealing with the xycraft stuff in general is getting annoying because there's no real use for it aside from decoration. So it gets shoved in my junk area with apaite and the oil stuff I have no use for at the moment...

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
That seems to be a bug. I have 6 different versions of them in my misc quarry chest: Item ID 221, 221:1, 221:2 and so on to 221:5.

I suspect drakt is correct it depends what side they are attached on when the quarry gets them.
Me too.

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
Dealing with the xycraft stuff in general is getting annoying because there's no real use for it aside from decoration. So it gets shoved in my junk area with apaite and the oil stuff I have no use for at the moment...

There's isn't a lot of ppl that checked the info, but one use for the blocks is: mobs don't spawn on them. That's been very useful to me so far.

ZeSapper

Jul 29, 2019
Well today I learned that 4 hours of very profitable mining can be lost with the help of a tiny little 1x1 lava pit and a lighting error :mad:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You can make mining,felling,farming,melee turtles with gem tools.

I learned that while this is true it seems they can not collect obsidian with a gem tool. I assume because while the gem tool meets the requirement for building the turtle it is actually using that tools stats for working. This would mean little in most cases. Unless your trying to get some quick obsidian to build a portal and have no diamonds. I would also assume a melee turtle with a gem sword would do that damage of that instead of diamond.

I learned it is possible to spawn with out a rubber tree for miles and that you can set graphics to fast to find them easier as there leaves always use fancy style graphics.

I learned the neither hates me and that if your portal is close to your spawn location it is possible it get spawn camped by pigmen.

I learned that a double chest can support two managers from the back look nice and still allow one to flush all but requested items while the other always keep those said items stocked at the level you want. nice for a store room drop off restock box. Nice to just see a chest up magnificent a wall and not see any of systems behind it doing the magic.

I learned that RP volcanoes lava tube most of the time just ends and rarely seems to go to an actual magma chamber as I was hoping.

I learned starting Thuamcraft it is a horrible idea to do your start up research anyway near you base. At lest until you have a way to deal with your unused aspects.

I learned that aspects in warded jars can pass through walls up to about 12 blocks away from the crafting altar. So I can hide my stored aspects in a room below my crafting area.

I learned Golems only need 1 by 1 block space to move making said storage area easy to access for them via a tiny stair way.

and last I learn you can do a hell of a lot on a vacation day when you have nothing on your todo list for the next few days.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I learned you can make a 100% automated way to assemble, spawn, contain, and kill a Wither. (Assuming input of Soul Sand and skulls.)

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Another option to speed up ACT is to use energy cells as an engine, just set their output to 1 MJ/T and enjoy the stream of 20 items/s. Overall energy cell is one of the better blocks recently added in technical mods, due to their versatility. You can use them as energy storage, transport, limiters or just on/off switches; to quickly transport items, get exact amount of items (specially useful in my automatic potion brewery in progress, redstone engines take too much time to pulse for my liking), control your fuel usage, quickly build things with fillers or drain lakes with pump and void pipe. In my opinion this is the best addition to BC since gates.

I prefer more general machines to specific (dispenser > liquid transposer or scrapboxinator, vanilla redstone + RP2 wires to hide things > RP2 gates etc.). However this broad functionality must make sense, anyone remember stripe pipes?

The Energy-Cell is no addition to BC :p

Also you can't replace a Liquid-Transposer with a dispenser. The Liquid-Transposer can do far more things than filling buckets or cells. It can empty cells, which can no other machine do (well some GregMachines can empty them, like Gregs Thermal Generator, but it can only empty lava-cells) and the extractor can empty most cells too, but you lose the liquid.

And I'm not sure RP2-Gates are far superior to vanilla redstone + rp2 wires... the gates can be far easier hidden if you build an XNOR it is like 3x4x5 or so large with vanilla-redstone, with RP2 it is a single block which can be surrounded with covers to be hidden. Actually I do not know of a single case where I would even bother to use vanilla redstone when I have RP2 installed (although technically it is cheaper...).

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Today, I learned how effective diamond jack hammer+ silk touch pickaxe for mining redstone ore..

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Also you can't replace a Liquid-Transposer with a dispenser. The Liquid-Transposer can do far more things than filling buckets or cells. It can empty cells, which can no other machine do (well some GregMachines can empty them, like Gregs Thermal Generator, but it can only empty lava-cells) and the extractor can empty most cells too, but you lose the liquid..

If you don't need the cells again, use the squeezer; it'll and collect the liquid, with a %chance of an ingot as byproduct.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019

Also you can't replace a Liquid-Transposer with a dispenser. The Liquid-Transposer can do far more things than filling buckets or cells. It can empty cells, which can no other machine do (well some GregMachines can empty them, like Gregs Thermal Generator, but it can only empty lava-cells) and the extractor can empty most cells too, but you lose the liquid.

And I'm not sure RP2-Gates are far superior to vanilla redstone + rp2 wires... the gates can be far easier hidden if you build an XNOR it is like 3x4x5 or so large with vanilla-redstone, with RP2 it is a single block which can be surrounded with covers to be hidden. Actually I do not know of a single case where I would even bother to use vanilla redstone when I have RP2 installed (although technically it is cheaper...).

I didn't mean that TE is simple addition to BC, I meant that RSEC and conduit mechanics is great compliment for BC, making it more powerful and fun.

Emptying cans through liquid transposer seems a little bit cheaty in comparison to squeezer. About redstone, I'm not saying I use it because it is cheaper, I use it in simple cases because it is more fun to build with. For more complicated redstone (digit displays, etc.) I will use gates, but I will refrain from putting one RS latch gate just for the sake of it. Redstone have this advantage, that it is simple. You have basically 2 elements (wired or and not), from which you can make every logic circuit, additionally you can abuse other mechanics, like despawn time, cobwebs (in survival since 1.4.6), pistons etc. RP2 gates will get you the job done the fastest, but it is not necessarily the most fun (for me!). Heavilly modded Minecraft provide so many possibilities and exploits, that you don't have to go with the most efficient route, trying other routes can give you more fun, specially if you built the same efficient system a few times before.

Reactions: Booker The Geek