Today, I learned...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe if there is only a chest, but if there is a pipe on any side it'll only output that stuff on the top. At least I tried it with a chest and a pipe on the sides and that didn't work.

It's not that big of a deal though, I only had to add 2 pieces of pipe and it worked :)

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
It would work with this.

W S
L I S S S

L is logger, w is wooden pipe, S is stone/cobble/gold pipe, and I is an iron.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
It would work with this.

W S
L I S S S

L is logger, w is wooden pipe, S is stone/cobble/gold pipe, and I is an iron.

I have it like this:

I S
L S S S S

You don't need a wooden pipe, the Logger, and I think all other Forestry planters/harvesters, outputs its stuff without the need for wooden pipes. The iron pipe prevents stuff from leaking out of the pipe if it tries to go there. The one on the side can be a regular pipe because the Logger doesn't accept any items, it only outputs.

I also run Additional Buildcraft Objects (ABO), so I actually have it like this:

S
S In S C

S = stone/cobble/whatever pipe; In = Insertion Pipe (from ABO); C = chest.

The Logger is behind the left S; the Arboratum is behind the In; behind the top S is an iron pipe (on top of the Logger).

I could optimize it a bit by moving the Iron pipe to the side of the Logger, it will still do the same function, except items will be turned back sooner.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Don't swing a drill wildly in a room full of IC/GT machinery.

On the other hand I have a bunch of spare Machine Parts now.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned you can trade 1 Emerald for stacks of 6 Proven Frames and that you can find Portal Guns in dungeons :D So now I have a ton of Apiaries with Proven frames and an awesome Portal gun without hunting Endermen, Wither skellies or fighting the Wither :D

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
today i learned, that u should check for thaumcraft caves in the vacinity of your soon- to- be base, before u start building. -_-

Glimworm

Jul 29, 2019
Today, I learned that plopping down two nice magic blue tree saplings can really play havoc on your flux levels. Now I'm stuck inside cowering at the sounds of wisps.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Today I learned how to get your girlfriend to play FTB.​
Twl6B.jpg

Reactions: Rikki21

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck, I've witnessed it once but I've had issues reproducing it lol. I only knew to watch after finding him several times at the bottom of the ocean underneath my thaumcraft base. I also learned golems do not need air to live.

Reactions: SilvasRuin

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
When pumping Xycraft quartz crystals through BC diamond pipes, it doesn't work (they seem to go in random directions).

Drakt

Jul 29, 2019
When pumping Xycraft quartz crystals through BC diamond pipes, it doesn't work (they seem to go in random directions).

I've noticed when quarrying that i will get 2-5 groups of "different" quartz crystals, ie they wont stack until i put them in my inventory, and even then sometime it will get a little weird and they wont stack till i mash a few buttons.

I can only assume that each "direction" of the crystal has a different end on the item ID? (i havent checked) and it doesnt always seem to revert to what it should.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019

That seems to be a bug. I have 6 different versions of them in my misc quarry chest: Item ID 221, 221:1, 221:2 and so on to 221:5.

I suspect drakt is correct it depends what side they are attached on when the quarry gets them.

eable2

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that makes a lot of sense, and I was observing it with a filler clearing setup (like a quarry). It works when you take them, stack them together manually, then feed them through the system again. Weird and annoying.