To much MJ to Store (Termal Expansion)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I'm building a large power plant atm and stuck with one problem.
actually i build 27 combustion engines to power the system...maybe expand it further.
The energie should be stored in redstone energie cells. this are monitored and if full the system should switch off. It runs only if the energie is empty in all cells.

So my problem is the 100MJ max imput of the cells, a produce 162MJ atm...so this is the problem. And if i build more parallel lines on could be fully charged and the next could be empty. I hoped that the max input/output of the redstone cell is by side...but it seems that is not the case.

any cool tips?

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
Simply Splitting up your power plant into two seperate modules. You can merge them together After that again.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i think i found it out
It is per side, so i have two output sides and needed to divide the input by 2 for the output. in my case 81.
if i leave the output at 100 one line of my two is getting more power than the other.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
splitting half the engines into either one is 1 solution, but you still run into the issue that 1 could be empty and the other could be full and only half of your power will be going into the empty one.

Another option is to have half engines in cell A, half in cell B, conduit discharging A into B, conduit discharging B into A, and conduit discharging A and B into system. Using this option will incur power loss as cells charging each other will lose energy as waste unless both cells are full.

Stanekk

Jul 29, 2019
No what i meant was making two seperate Systems with 11 Engines each. Or in your Case 9. so every cell Takes 81 in. Your Main System could then pull power from cell A and cell B