To Kill a Dragon: Creative Ways to End My End

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I just tried using the Gravel Gun on the dragon in Horizons... Four hits and the job was done. I tried a Wither for comparison; two hits later and I'd gotten myself a nether star and a pair of inactive division sigils.

Back on topic, I've been known to beat the dragon to death (in creative mode) using snowballs. They don't do much damage, but they're cheap and they fire faster than the dragon's stun timer, so getting chains of several snowballs in a row is not too hard.

I might recommend going to the End with a stack of pumpkins (for snow golems), an Iceman's Backpack (Railcraft) in Resupply Mode, several stacks of snow blocks, and some kind of fast, durable shovel, such as a diamond shovel or the shovel attachment an MPS Power Fist with max overclock. If you put some snow blocks and snowballs on your hotbar, the backpack will do its best to keep a stack of each there. Summon some snow golems in your immediate area so you can harvest their snowy trails. As a bonus, they'll (suicidally) distract the Endermen.

Another tip: Stay away from shovels that are also pickaxes, so you can collect the snow under the golems without breaking the endstone underneath. If you use an MPS fist, disable the pickaxe module or set its overclock way low.

So would there be any problems if I added the mod before I entered the End?
I doubt it, though I haven't looked into that mod yet.

Reactions: Shazam08

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to be creative and mske your life difficult kill him with bees :) breed some heroic and tropical bees make sure to give them nocturnal ability a d go to end set up few bee houses and try to lure him there and see if he dies.

Othere fun option is don't kill him let your mimions do the job build army of guard golems with darts and just set them around some perimeter and try to lure him there and see what they are made of. :)

Reactions: Shazam08

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to be creative and mske your life difficult kill him with bees :) breed some heroic and tropical bees make sure to give them nocturnal ability a d go to end set up few bee houses and try to lure him there and see if he dies.

Othere fun option is don't kill him let your mimions do the job build army of guard golems with darts and just set them around some perimeter and try to lure him there and see what they are made of. :)
I wonder if the apiaries are invuln to his swooop.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Well... Um... Azanor can OpenGL like a boss.

If I die, I'm going out in style.
I wouldnt call invisible armor style, because that is the one thing BM outclasses TC in (okay, there are 50 pther things, but tc has cool stuff too!)
Now, if we put KAMI in (which requires beating the dragons...)[DOUBLEPOST=1399187938][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wonder if the apiaries are invuln to his swooop.
Warded blocks pls

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Jump up and punch him when he gets near you... While blindfolded, and your arms, legs and neck tied behind your back. Throwing pebbles to,control thr keyboard, from 500 meters away. While fighting off ninjas. While eating a bagel. While sleeping (all at once, in case no one picked up on that)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's quite fun using the railgun module on MPS
Turned up to max, so not only do you have to hit the stupid dragon, but you have to keep yourself from falling into the void from the knockback

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I think it's quite fun using the railgun module on MPS
Turned up to max, so not only do you have to hit the stupid dragon, but you have to keep yourself from falling into the void from the knockback

If you are using the railgun without the rest of the suit, you're doing it wrong.

Not just the risk of sending yourself falling off the nearest ledge but also the heat generation. I wont really use the railgun until I have a full set of heat sinks and a cooling system.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using the railgun without the rest of the suit, you're doing it wrong.

Not just the risk of sending yourself falling off the nearest ledge but also the heat generation. I wont really use the railgun until I have a full set of heat sinks and a cooling system.
Pah. I always used it with a fire resistance potion :p

Reactions: null123

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Noob question go!

I've tried to add Hardcore Ender Expansion to the modpack, but it isn't working. The zip file is in the mod folder and the mod is enabled on the launcher. When I launch the game, though, it doesn't show up under "Mods" in the title screen. No NEI recipes are shown, either.

Help? :(

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Noob question go!

I've tried to add Hardcore Ender Expansion to the modpack, but it isn't working. The zip file is in the mod folder and the mod is enabled on the launcher. When I launch the game, though, it doesn't show up under "Mods" in the title screen. No NEI recipes are shown, either.

Try double checking that you are using the correct version. It won't work if you are trying to use the 1.7 version in a 1.6.4 pack.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Noob question go!

open the zip you are using. open it.

DiamondArrow

Jul 29, 2019
I always like to kill the dragon without damaging the healing crystals because they look so cool :3.
We're planning to kill it with a "Bane of Pigs"

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I always like to kill the dragon without damaging the healing crystals because they look so cool :3.
We're planning to kill it with a "Bane of Pigs"

What is a Bane of Pigs? Is that the FM enchantment that damages pigmen?

Also, what do you usually with the crystals do once you beat the dragon?