tinkers smeltery question.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Cyclic Assembler fed using a Fuzzy Bus set to "split damage at 99%" works perfectly. You just need four of them, one for each gold armor piece.

I had a couple of hours worth of golden armor drops in my AE system, so I ran them all thru the Cyclic Assemblers and then threw the full-durability armor into the TiC smeltery.

I got 147 ingots of gold out of it!!!! That's hardly insignificant in fact it's a huge bounty for early game once you get a RF power supply up and running for the Cyclic Assemblers and the MFR grinders. But if you're making those I guess most will say "that's not early-game". Ah well.

Last edited:

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
This is just a vanilla mechanic you've always been able to do this.why spend the time putting all the armor together tho? Im sure you already have an infrastructure set up so you prob have tons of resources, the little you get from a farm wont help much IMO, to each their own tho.
Getting steel from mobs dropping chainmail armor is a easy way to get steel without building a railcraft blast furnace in packs like Infinity or DW. I got stacks of it from a small cursed earth setup. I agree it isn't really worth it for the other more common metals.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Getting steel from mobs dropping chainmail armor is a easy way to get steel without building a railcraft blast furnace in packs like Infinity or DW. I got stacks of it from a small cursed earth setup. I agree it isn't really worth it for the other more common metals.

Oddly, each piece of chain armor only gives one ingot's worth of steel in the TiC smeltery. (Infinity modpack) However, gold armor provides the full amount - 4 ingots for boots, 8 ingots for chest, etc. This method of creating full-durability armor for smelting (via Cyclic Assemblers and Fuzzy Busses) is providing me with a huge supply of gold ingots out of my Cursed Earth mob grinder. Thanks for bringing up this topic, OP! Why just trash something if it can be turned into a quite valuable resource?

Reactions: MobsterMuley

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly, each piece of chain armor only gives one ingot's worth of steel in the TiC smeltery. (Infinity modpack) However, gold armor provides the full amount - 4 ingots for boots, 8 ingots for chest, etc. This method of creating full-durability armor for smelting (via Cyclic Assemblers and Fuzzy Busses) is providing me with a huge supply of gold ingots out of my Cursed Earth mob grinder. Thanks for bringing up this topic, OP! Why just trash something if it can be turned into a quite valuable resource?
The only reason I said I didn't think it was worth it was because by the time I had a mob farm running, I had been using a quarry for quite a while and had thousands of ingots of all the mineable metals. It made sense for steel since you can't mine it. Building and setting up the machines when I already had 5k+ gold ingots seemed like a waste of time to me because I had other things I wanted to build first. But that is the beauty of Minecraft. We can do anything we want in the sandbox....

Reactions: MobsterMuley