Tinker's Contruct Info

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I used a Longsword for a while, but frankly I can't stand its right-click ability--I appreciate the 1.5x damage while sprinting, though. I also tried rapiers, and I LOVE their right-click ability, but the damage output just wasn't good enough. I would have switched back to broadswords, but that's about the time I discovered Bane on Force Swords, and Bane beats everything. :p

EDIT: What's the benefit of using the cutlass, as opposed to the other swords?

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played with DartCraft, but every time I hear someone talking about it, it's always with a "DartCraft is ridiculously OP, but..." disclaimer, so I've stayed away :p I'm sort of a middle-ground player in the whole balance debate; on one hand, I hate GregTech because it conflates balance with tedium; on the other hand, I refuse to make Ender Pearls with my Minium Stone for any reason, and will scour the world for an Ominous Woods biome just so I can hunt Endermen legitimately ;)

And "I can't stand [right-clicking to super-jump]" does not compute :p I don't think the 1.5x damage has ever mattered once I upgraded to Manyullyn + Quartz; it's all about the super jump for me.

I too would like to know more about the Cutlass: I toyed around with a fully Stone one just to see how it worked, and I couldn't find an advantage.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I've never played with DartCraft, but every time I hear someone talking about it, it's always with a "DartCraft is ridiculously OP, but..." disclaimer, so I've stayed away :p I'm sort of a middle-ground player in the whole balance debate; on one hand, I hate GregTech because it conflates balance with tedium; on the other hand, I refuse to make Ender Pearls with my Minium Stone for any reason, and will scour the world for an Ominous Woods biome just so I can hunt Endermen legitimately ;)

And "I can't stand [right-clicking to super-jump]" does not compute :p I don't think the 1.5x damage has ever mattered once I upgraded to Manyullyn + Quartz; it's all about the super jump for me.

I too would like to know more about the Cutlass: I toyed around with a fully Stone one just to see how it worked, and I couldn't find an advantage.

Its advantage?

Getting the right to say sing "yar har fiddle dee dee a pirates life for me" this on your server:

Turn volume down or else RIP headphone users!!!!!!

Fedora Jesus

Jul 29, 2019
The benefit of the cutlass is that you are not slowed down when you block. Also, you have a 10% chance of getting a critical hit without jumping. AND Critical hits do an extra 10% damage. At least, that's whats happened in my experience.

Oh, and the damage is the same as the longsword.