Tinkers Construct smeltery questions.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Decorating my house with blood seems like a noble vocation.

It might be more practical to do it with villager autospawners, railcraft tanks and blood magic though, if that works.

Gelflings villagers would look a lot tidier in a tank full of their living essence :)
It's not that easy, I'm afraid. Blood doesn't flow from them very well. One has to cut them in that thing to get it. Well, one has to do that to get any blood IIRC, but villagers are tougher because they refuse to not smelt into emeralds when thrown in there.
Okay, to add to the necro here, I do have a question about getting every last drop out of the smeltery...

After crafting some myllenium and cobalt parts for epic... things... I found I have "nuggets" worth of each in the reserves. Is there a way to make a "nugget" cast? I've tried, but no luck.

Just hate seeing those two very thin lines of molten metal I can't use....
Find a way to pump it out, and store it in a tank. A easy tank to make is one you already know how to make; the seared tank. Getting it out without a dedicated fluid transport system isn't easy, but I'm pretty sure that mDyio added Seared Channels for something, and maybe it's passing fluids to such tanks?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Okay, to add to the necro here, I do have a question about getting every last drop out of the smeltery...

After crafting some myllenium and cobalt parts for epic... things... I found I have "nuggets" worth of each in the reserves. Is there a way to make a "nugget" cast? I've tried, but no luck.

Just hate seeing those two very thin lines of molten metal I can't use....

You cant make a nugget cast but you can break an ingot down into nuggets in your inventory or a crafting bench, then put enough back into the smeltery to make it up to a full ingot :)

Reactions: Beeze23

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
You cant make a nugget cast but you can break an ingot down into nuggets in your inventory or a crafting bench, then put enough back into the smeltery to make it up to a full ingot :)

Thank you for that "why the hell didn't I think of that" moment. :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This works great, but you're trading the "Can't get the last nugget out" for "1 nugget short of an ingot and I need an ingot!". May as well suggest just voiding the nugget for all the trouble it causes.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
It's not that easy, I'm afraid. Blood doesn't flow from them very well. One has to cut them in that thing to get it. Well, one has to do that to get any blood IIRC, but villagers are tougher because they refuse to not smelt into emeralds when thrown in there.

Find a way to pump it out, and store it in a tank. A easy tank to make is one you already know how to make; the seared tank. Getting it out without a dedicated fluid transport system isn't easy, but I'm pretty sure that mDyio added Seared Channels for something, and maybe it's passing fluids to such tanks?

I think i'd need a selection ramp to send my villagers two ways then, one into the smeltery and one towards the blood altar thingy.

As for pumping from a smeltery, just whack a fluiduct on a smeltery drain and set it to export.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, basically there is no way to get random left over nuggets out of the smeltery, unless I make more tools that leave more nuggets worth enough times to make an ingot... welp, time to break the controller and replace it...

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
This works great, but you're trading the "Can't get the last nugget out" for "1 nugget short of an ingot and I need an ingot!". May as well suggest just voiding the nugget for all the trouble it causes.

Well, thanks to oreberries and other weird crafting recipes, I have a small collection of nuggets anyways. It's sort of a toss-up between storing nuggets and storing partial tanks of useless amounts of liquid metal, and I'd rather have nuggets in the ME.

Even if I was disposing of 'em, the recycler doesn't take liquids . . .

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, basically there is no way to get random left over nuggets out of the smeltery, unless I make more tools that leave more nuggets worth enough times to make an ingot... welp, time to break the controller and replace it...
There is, actually. Plus, would breaking the controller actually remove it? Just take a ingot cast and start filling it. It of course can only fill with 1 nugget of metal, but the just break the casting bin, and bobs you're your uncle, no more useless nugget. Assuming one can get a ingot of that fluid. If not, one usually can get a block, or just make something without any special casts. If not... Well, one needs either a way to store that fluid(and if you can output ingots or blocks, you can attach a fluid system to take it somewhere else), and maybe just void it with a fluid void of some kind.[DOUBLEPOST=1403268316][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, thanks to oreberries and other weird crafting recipes, I have a small collection of nuggets anyways. It's sort of a toss-up between storing nuggets and storing partial tanks of useless amounts of liquid metal, and I'd rather have nuggets in the ME.

Even if I was disposing of 'em, the recycler doesn't take liquids . . .
Two words: Fluid Void.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yeah, the nuggets are of myllenium and cobalt, so oreberries are not my solution. I totally forgot about pouring into a cast and break the table method... Herp Derp...

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Two words: Fluid Void.

Yeah, just remembered that. Channels support BC fluid pipes.

Yeah, the nuggets are of myllenium and cobalt, so oreberries are not my solution. I totally forgot about pouring into a cast and break the table method... Herp Derp...

I try to remember not to resort to breaking the controller, afaik it can crash servers on SMP if you break one with stuff still in it.

Last edited:
S

ssundee 74839

the smelter in tc will not work it will not pour out liquids or can i just not pour out seraed bricks

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
Was the nugget cast nerfed? I recall making at least one, just to clear up the remaining bits of molten metals.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Was the nugget cast nerfed? I recall making at least one, just to clear up the remaining bits of molten metals.

There's a "rock chip" cast, but although it's been a while I think you should still be able to make a nugget cast... I'll have to try that this week end.