[Tinkers Construct] Smeltery Automation

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Only by using computers to control the input and output of the system.

Now that I think about it, you could do it. You'd need computercraft to register the metals and their fluid forms, MFR rednet cable to plug into the AE export buses and Buildcraft Chutes to give you enough sides for the various metals/dusts. Then you use the computer to activate just the buses you want to smelt. And have the computer act to ensure you don't get the wrong mix.

DroidFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I think the intent of most people automating smelteries is to make clear glass or other blocks unique to TiC. It's not very useful to automate smelteries turning ores into metal because a pulverizer or induction smelter will more than double your ores in a much smaller and simpler mechanism.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I think the intent of most people automating smelteries is to make clear glass or other blocks unique to TiC. It's not very useful to automate smelteries turning ores into metal because a pulverizer or induction smelter will more than double your ores in a much smaller and simpler mechanism.
This thread was made at September 2013. The last comment was at December 2013. My friend, you are three months late. Please let the dead souls rest in peace.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
This thread was made at September 2013. The last comment was at December 2013. My friend, you are three months late. Please let the dead souls rest in peace.

kVd0kY7.gif

Evulperson

Jul 29, 2019
I've really industrialized this process. I prefer to run Ender IOs top tier 'Ender Fluid Conduit (due to its ability to teleport liquids rapidly), using the built in filters, to sort each molten fluid into separate Extra Utilities Drums (Bedrockium drums aren't necessary). Each drum then has a mid tier 'Pressurized Fluid Conduit' under, or in front of, it to pump the molten liquids individually into separate casting basins. Which then get extracted by an item conduit line, to a gold/Ender Chest.

Here are some Screenshots of something I threw together real quick to visualize what i'm describing. (If they get approved)

Input from any Source (I use AE2 filtered Export Bus to an Ender Chest or just item conduits), to a buffer chest, then sorted through either a Thermal Expansion Pulverizer or an Ender IO SAG Mill (based on outputs desired). The ore dust is then pumped into a second buffer chest, then into the smeltry. items that do not go into the smeltry such as Diamond, Emerald, Redstone, Lapis, Certus/Nether Quartz, Cinnabar, etc get routed directly back to the AE2 storage.

Auxillary tanks are for fluids you may want pumped back in, they are stored in side tanks, such as extra cobalt to make manyullyn or aluminum brass for making more casting frames. The purpose here is to keep the smeltry completely empty, so as to not stop the process of other fluids coming through, heading for the Auto Block Casting Line.

Fluids are automatically drained from the smeltry (very quickly, roughly 16 buckets per second) and sorted into their own individual drum, using built in filters.

A side note: Yes I used advanced filters, only for capacity. they support 10 items, where basic filters only support 5 items. basic filters work just fine, though you may need a second pipe for additional room.