[Tinkers Construct] Smeltery Automation

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda on topic of this
How would you automate the injection of lava into a smeltery?

I know you can pipe/hopper items into the controller to cue them up for melting, so there's that part of automation covered

Larandar

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda on topic of this

I know you can pipe/hopper items into the controller to cue them up for melting, so there's that part of automation covered

Obviously you can use... *Knicked by Captain Obvious*

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda on topic of this

I have an ender tank and two liquiducts.

Larandar

Jul 29, 2019
I know but why two liquiduct ? Since Ender Tank eject fluid in any directions.
You can even change to fluid pipe ( 2 golden or what ever ) and cover with facade.
So why Liquiduct ?

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
*shrug* Because I had liquiduct to spare? I know it can be set to autoeject, but never equated it to an inventory..only a pipe (which, yes, I know, is an inventory)

:)

GreenPotatoMan

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone have any designs for output from the smeltery that creates blocks first and when possible but if there isn't 9 ingots, it creates ingots using the casting table and ingot cast? I know it can be done and I don't like using the faucets or just using the casting table making ingots because that is too slow and if I just added more of them I would lag too much so if anyone has any designs they could show me that would be much appreciated.

Bunsan

Jul 29, 2019
You can stick a fluiduct on drain and have it output to casting table or basin. Fastest way of casting and no clocks/timers. Just toggle it off and on with lever.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
does anyone have any designs for output from the smeltery that creates blocks first and when possible but if there isn't 9 ingots, it creates ingots using the casting table and ingot cast? I know it can be done and I don't like using the faucets or just using the casting table making ingots because that is too slow and if I just added more of them I would lag too much so if anyone has any designs they could show me that would be much appreciated.
You'd need something that can detect the contents of the smeltery. Probably OpenPeripherals can do that, so you'd need a Lua program.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019

While I haven't attempted this myself, I would assume one of the many methods of detecting block updates could be used on the casting basin to reset a timer that would pump out the contents of the casting basin into the ingot casting table once the time is expired. That way you'd give the basin enough time to fill and make a block before trying to empty it out.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...The best way I can think of is to have a casting basin with a fluiduct on it and a timer that counts up from when liquid is poured into it and then opens up the fluiduct onto a casting table. You might be able to use a comparator on a tank of some sort instead. Lastly, I assume it's doable in open peripherals, but I don't really know.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I'm just going to throw this here and let everyone else go nuts.

You might be able to do more things with casting channels, though those are a bit wonky.

Are there plans to make the channels any faster? Last I used them... they were getting passed by molasses.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Since ingots are exactly 144mb, you could pump into a Railcraft Tank, then use a computer to pump either into a basin or table, depending on how much liquid is in it. Including a return line. Possibly using a computer to detect if the liquid has been in there too long to be an ingot/block and returning it.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
You could just make 3 smeltery:
1: for Copper, Iron, Gold, Lead, Cobalt, and Obsidian -> Output in 1 ingot
2: for Tin, Silver, Ferrous, Aluminium, and Ardite -> Output in 1 ingot
3: for Glass -> Output in block

This way you double all ores, the only thing to make is alloy, and for this the DW20 way is maybe the good one. You can also make a setting with BC and AE since you can now put in inventory only if inventory is empty. Using a chest or two, some BC gates and AE should provide a way to automate alloy in one single smeltery.

Be cautious doing this. Some packs have Metallurgy and Extra TiC which include some new alloys - iron and gold for instance makes Angmallen. I discovered Angmallen by dumping alllll my gold in my iron smeltery and getting a surprise :X

GreenPotatoMan

Jul 29, 2019
if anyone here can code the lua programs from computercraft, could you write me a simple short code that starts a timer that counts to 6 seconds. If it receives a redstone signal from (this) side the timer resets but if it reaches 6 seconds it emits a redstone signal on the opposite side and resets the timer. If anyone could do this for me that would be extremely appreciated and would save me a lot of time trying to get something else to work.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Be cautious doing this. Some packs have Metallurgy and Extra TiC which include some new alloys - iron and gold for instance makes Angmallen. I discovered Angmallen by dumping alllll my gold in my iron smeltery and getting a surprise :X

I wish there was a way to control this though... as you'd need to either do alot of automation, or builds several smelteries to prevent this from happening