Tinkers Construct Hatchets

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, i'm going to test that tonight; i have my doubts. I mean what is the point of the battleaxe (it's not a good weapon) if the lumber axe (both are tier 2) does its job and much more?

The lumber axe looks for "trees" and defines a tree as a vertical column up to 30 blocks with leaves on top. If you have a column w/o leaves, or the column is taller than 30 blocks then you are better off using the battleaxe. On the other hand, the lumberaxe will eat trees that are 2x2 or larger while the battleaxe is single column only.

Personally I tend to prefer the battleaxe because I like to clear out leaves before I cut down trees, and when u do that the lumber axe stops being useful.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, i'm going to test that tonight; i have my doubts. I mean what is the point of the battleaxe (it's not a good weapon) if the lumber axe (both are tier 2) does its job and much more?
I say this with a maximum amount of mirth and a minimum of hostility:
Go swim in lava you filthy elf.

and on autosmelt: it is glorious on many things, giving as good or better returns than most ore processing methods. Until you run into a mod that adds a smelting recipe to coal and end up with piles of useless whatevers and whosawhatsists. I am glad that nothing I have installed smelts lapis or diamonds...yet.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I say this with a maximum amount of mirth and a minimum of hostility:
Go swim in lava you filthy elf.

and on autosmelt: it is glorious on many things, giving as good or better returns than most ore processing methods. Until you run into a mod that adds a smelting recipe to coal and end up with piles of useless whatevers and whosawhatsists. I am glad that nothing I have installed smelts lapis or diamonds...yet.
Except for vanilla... One diamond ore it's one diamond in a furnace

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Except for vanilla... One diamond ore it's one diamond in a furnace
Ya, but the problem with coal is that a mod ads a smelting recipe for coal, not coal ore but coal the item and so you get whateveritis instead of coal. Nothing I have seen smelts diamonds the item which is what the autosmelt looks at.

Reactions: Padfoote

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Ya, but the problem with coal is that a mod ads a smelting recipe for coal, not coal ore but coal the item and so you get whateveritis instead of coal. Nothing I have seen smelts diamonds the item which is what the autosmelt looks at.
Just wait some mod is going to add a heat infused diamond.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
That is only used for one useless recipe to get a ugly decorative block.
Like the old ars magica chimerite
asuryqyp.jpg

Reactions: kaovalin