Tinkers Construct Hatchets

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Douxo

Jul 29, 2019
So i read a few different posts, saying how OP TC hatchets are and how they basically have timber mod or treecapitator installed passively, but when i created my hatchet, its 'timbering' doesnt work properly and it only cuts 1 block down at a time, tested on vanilla and non-vanilla tree types, the axe is NOT modded, however looking at the list of mods it doesn't seem there is a mod for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1390927336][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind it seems it does need an upgrade, i will try figure this shit out.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So i read a few different posts, saying how OP TC hatchets are and how they basically have timber mod or treecapitator installed passively, but when i created my hatchet, its 'timbering' doesnt work properly and it only cuts 1 block down at a time, tested on vanilla and non-vanilla tree types, the axe is NOT modded, however looking at the list of mods it doesn't seem there is a mod for it.[DOUBLEPOST=1390927336][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind it seems it does need an upgrade, i will try figure this shit out.

your problem is that the hatchet isn't the tool with the treecapacitor function, it's the lumberjack which has this function, which is a tier II tool and will require an iron tool forge to create

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
your problem is that the hatchet isn't the tool with the treecapacitor function, it's the lumberjack which has this function, which is a tier II tool and will require an iron tool forge to create

Lumberjack = Battleaxe?

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Lumbar Axe has the effect. As said above, you need to have a tool forge to make it. Requires far more materials then the hatchet does.

And its not overpowering at all if you compare it to the hammer which mines in a 3x3 square at a time.

Reactions: zorn

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Battleaxe will chop out 1x9 blocks of wood (vertical from your chopping point upward), including planks and bookcases so be careful :D
Lumber Axe chops 3x3 blocks of wood, which I find a lot less useful, unless I'm deconstructing an abandoned mineshaft i guess :p

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Battleaxe will chop out 1x9 blocks of wood (vertical from your chopping point upward), including planks and bookcases so be careful :D
Lumber Axe chops 3x3 blocks of wood, which I find a lot less useful, unless I'm deconstructing an abandoned mineshaft i guess :p

I'm pretty sure the Lumber Axe works from chopping point upward as well. I've knocked down a fair share of Fir/Spruce trees this way.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the lumber axe will search upwards and take out all the "log" blocks connected to the initial block you break. One whack will take down a sacred oak (and possibly your server) so be careful.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, i'm going to test that tonight; i have my doubts. I mean what is the point of the battleaxe (it's not a good weapon) if the lumber axe (both are tier 2) does its job and much more?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Uhhh, i'm going to test that tonight; i have my doubts. I mean what is the point of the battleaxe (it's not a good weapon) if the lumber axe (both are tier 2) does its job and much more?
well it's there for shit and giggles. it's also has a knockback, which is again for shit and giggles.

Reactions: Padfoote

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

well, it has a pretty reasonable attack in my opinion, plus it's one of those tools that can be used for several things, like the hatchet

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to searching for all connected logs if it detects too many it then swaps over to chopping a 3x3. Which is most noticeable with redwoods and other massive trees.

Reactions: AlanEsh

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Hatchet is most comparable to the vanilla axe for chopping wood, plus it chops leaves faster.
Battle axe is a weapon that also chops down small trees when one block breaks. Could concievably replace both a sword and axe.
Lumber axe cuts down trees up to 30 blocks vertically (I think thats the limit), or a 3x3 area if the tree is more than 30 blocks tall.

The battle axe is probably there just for fun to give players the chance to use something else than a sword. It's sorta like the frying pan or battle sign weapons.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Hatchet is most comparable to the vanilla axe for chopping wood, plus it chops leaves faster.
Battle axe is a weapon that also chops down small trees when one block breaks. Could concievably replace both a sword and axe.
Lumber axe cuts down trees up to 30 blocks vertically (I think thats the limit), or a 3x3 area if the tree is more than 30 blocks tall.

The battle axe is probably there just for fun to give players the chance to use something else than a sword. It's sorta like the frying pan or battle sign weapons.
Battle axe is good for its boost with right click . With Dartcraft you can walk long distances over water with one 20 sec boost.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
With the battle axe if you right click you have a charge up jump attack that gives you a short strength, speed, and resistance buff.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Time to trade in my battleaxe for a lumber axe!
The lumber axe alone is a good reason to have TC. You can make them out of stone or iron, throw max redstone (haste) on it, and have a great early game way to get a LOT of wood fast in the right biomes. If you haven't tried the lumber axe, you are missing out.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
The lumber axe alone is a good reason to have TC. You can make them out of stone or iron, throw max redstone (haste) on it, and have a great early game way to get a LOT of wood fast in the right biomes. If you haven't tried the lumber axe, you are missing out.

Even better... toss a lava crystal upgrade on it.. then add max lapis. Give it a try.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Is that fortune 3 and auto smelting? Sounds awesome. I had a cobalt hammer with that in one world and it was awesome. Smooth stone for dayz.