Tinker's Construct Hammer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
i personally like making my plates out of manyullyn, head out of cobalt and handle out of thaumium, add all the extra modifiers on it. Use one for silk touch and rest with redstone. Very high durability and very fast thats just my preference :)

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly does 'slimy' add?
It adds a random chance for a small blue slime to spawn when you use the tool. Kind of annoying honestly but they do no damage. I usually use blue slime rods for my early tools because they boost the durability quite well.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It adds a random chance for a small blue slime to spawn when you use the tool. Kind of annoying honestly but they do no damage. I usually use blue slime rods for my early tools because they boost the durability quite well.

Totally agree with this. Until I get Manyullyn in sufficient quantity, all my tool rods are always made from Blue Slime Crystal for the reason stated - best durability. Yes, the slimes can be annoying, but they also provide a slow steady source of slimeballs which can be used for making sticky pistons or whatever.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the slimes can be annoying, but they also provide a slow steady source of slimeballs which can be used for making sticky pistons or whatever.
Well it's really not much that you'll get this way. You're probably better off farming slime trees if you want slimeballs :)
but the blue slimes mostly die from one hit with your tool so they're not much of an annoyance.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not intending to hijack, but I've never actually used slime parts on my TiCo goodies, and this last bit of conversation has me intrigued. If I were to make a full slime scythe for use in a mob farm, potentially how much extra spawning could one expect? Enough to make it worthwhile?

Since the topic is actually dedicated to hammer talk, several players on my old 1.6.4 server prefered full obsidian (Unbreaking X) hammers. Not the fastest, but you never had to worry about it. I usually start off with steel head and paper plates, then retire that once i can go cobalt head with many plates. I usually don't to a ton of actual mining with my hammer (especially later game when I have other options) but more for landscaping and construction, so I tend to stick with silky, moss, and finish it off with redstone.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Not intending to hijack, but I've never actually used slime parts on my TiCo goodies, and this last bit of conversation has me intrigued. If I were to make a full slime scythe for use in a mob farm, potentially how much extra spawning could one expect? Enough to make it worthwhile?

Since the topic is actually dedicated to hammer talk, several players on my old 1.6.4 server prefered full obsidian (Unbreaking X) hammers. Not the fastest, but you never had to worry about it. I usually start off with steel head and paper plates, then retire that once i can go cobalt head with many plates. I usually don't to a ton of actual mining with my hammer (especially later game when I have other options) but more for landscaping and construction, so I tend to stick with silky, moss, and finish it off with redstone.

To my knowledge slimy doesn't stack, so just run a tough binding or something with slime, just add that with paper for extra looting I guess

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah more slime pieces would be a waste... especially considering that using slime for anything other than rods or binding would give you low durability and terrible damage.

wolfman887

Jul 29, 2019
I like to use obsidian for the head and the rest paper. Stack modifers and then obsidian plates for a tool that never breaks.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I like to use obsidian for the head and the rest paper. Stack modifers and then obsidian plates for a tool that never breaks.
Ok, this HAS to count as a necro.
*pant pant pant* Sorry, I was, uh, never mind.

7329b4cf_threadNecromancy.jpg

-- Although, it's actually a legit post. Just... the topic has already been dealt with... argh my brain

Reactions: Gamefury64

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Personally Ive stopped using Slime parts as the Slimy modifier is just annoying. Theres not a lot of churn with Tinkers tools, so an ongoing supply of slime balls of any color is just not called for.