Tinker's Construct Hammer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
When it comes to the hammer the head determines the mining level and some of the mining speed and durability. The plates also determine the speed and durabilty.

My hammer configurations is usually Steel/Cobalt head, One plate Steel/cobalt the other plate paper and the tool rod is Thaumium. Thaumium is kind of like paper but with more durability but only adds one modifier regardless of how many parts you stack. So a full Thaumium tool wont give you 3-4 extra mods like paper would.
I'll then put the Fluxed modifier (hardened level is usually enough), Fortune/ Silky, the rest is speed. If you opted for Cobalt head and plate you end up with quite a fast tool.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
When it comes to the hammer the head determines the mining level and some of the mining speed and durability. The plates also determine the speed and durabilty.

My hammer configurations is usually Steel/Cobalt head, One plate Steel/cobalt the other plate paper and the tool rod is Thaumium. Thaumium is kind of like paper but with more durability but only adds one modifier regardless of how many parts you stack
This is wrong. One thaumium part gives 1 modifier. This is the part I guess most people use two thaumium parts, thinking theyll have 2 modifiers. They dont, and assume thaumium only gives one modifier in all. You need 3 parts for a 2nd modifier. The tradeoff is less modifiers for a higher durability.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
This is wrong. One thaumium part gives 1 modifier. This is the part I guess most people use to thaumium parts, thinking theyll have 2 modifiers. They dont, and assume thaumium only gives one modifier. You need 3 parts for a 2nd modifier. The tradeoff is less modifiers for a higher durability.
What part is wrong? You said what I said man.

me said:
Thaumium is kind of like paper but with more durability but only adds one modifier regardless of how many parts you stack

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
What part is wrong? You said what I said man.

Thats not what he said:
What he said: one thaumium part adds one modifier.
Two thaumium parts adds one modifier.
Three thaumium parts adds two modifiers.

i.e. additional thaumium can add more than one modifier.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Thats not what he said:

Since when? Full Thaumium tools have only ever yeiled me one extra mod?
I might need to do some testing, like I did a while ago.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Thats not what he said:

No one has said that in this thread. Chill out.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I tend to go with silk touch on the hammer & fortune on the pick. I also tend to start with all iron tools with moss III until I can gather enough cobalt & ardite. I use vanilla picks until I can make 1 out of either steel or manyullyn.

I just started working on my good hammer. Cobalt head (best speed), paper & thaumium plates (+2 modifiers), & manyullyn tool rod (best handle modifier). Modifiers: emerald, enderium flux capacitor, silky jewel, redstone, redstone. Even more redstone when I can add the extra modifiers.

Reactions: Erainn

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
I personally use a cobalt head, or amethyst if Biome 'o' Plenty, with a manylun tool rod so I don't have to rely on flux not running out, and two paper plates. Modifiers being, Flux, Silk Touch and the rest into redstone

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Extra TiC?

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't this be a different mod? I've played with Extra TiC in 1.7.10 and can confirm you cannot make diamond or emerald tools, although I haven't played with IC2 yet

I wasn't sure, but the only mod I really know that adds more material support to Tinker's Construct like that would be ExtraTiC