[Tinkers Construct] Does Jagged work with Stonebound?

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
I read that Jagged works like Stonebound but the other way around, with more speed/damage when high dura. First off, is this true?
Secondly, do both effects apply? I tried to make a netherrack cactus sword, and it worked. But I haven't tested the damage and such yet.

jasondm

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebound doesn't affect damage and jagged doesn't affect mining speed, it's pointless to combine them on anything except maybe the hammer and scythe.

Jagged is when the durability is low it will increase the damage.
Stonebound is when the durability is low it will increase the mining speed.

Reactions: kaiomann

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebound doesn't affect damage and jagged doesn't affect mining speed, it's pointless to combine them on anything except maybe the hammer and scythe.

Jagged is when the durability is low it will increase the damage.
Stonebound is when the durability is low it will increase the mining speed.

Actually, jagged does effect mining speed. It gives you the Mining Fatigue debuff, so you should pretty much never put it on a mining tool. It also increases damage as durability drops, that is correct.

Posted on my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jasondm

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebound increases mining speed and decreases damage as durability falls lower.
Jagged increases damage and decreases mining speed as durability falls lower.

If you have both effects at once, I'm guessing they will cancel each other out and leave you with a completely neutral tool.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Stonebound increases mining speed and decreases damage as durability falls lower.
Jagged increases damage and decreases mining speed as durability falls lower.

If you have both effects at once, I'm guessing they will cancel each other out and leave you with a completely neutral tool.
Dangit :/