[Tinker's Construct] Aluminum Brass

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to separate aluminum brass into aluminum and copper? I accidentally combined them in the smeltery.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would have thought GT could do it(Like Industrial Centrifuge/Electrolyzer) but apparently not.
But don't worry. You can always use it to make Drawbridges.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Another thing, is there a way to put molten metal back in to the smeltery?
Not entirely sure why you would want to? You can just pipe the metals into a casting table or basin to make things. And if you want to use the metals to make new alloys you probably want the control of adding it in proper quantities of ingots/blocks.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
the metal can be stored in tanks for later casting if you wish, or if you wish to alloy it with something you can pump it into an upward facing drain last i checked

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
the metal can be stored in tanks for later casting if you wish, or if you wish to alloy it with something you can pump it into an upward facing drain last i checked
The facing of the drain doesn't really matter- as far as I know, it's just aesthetic. You should be able to pump liquids into any side of it just fine.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There are other uses for aluminum brass, although I can't remember which mods or if they are updated and still on packs. There was one mod that used the blank templates you can cast in an empty casting table to make wire to put on spools for one.

You can also use blocks of aluminum brass for your tool forge instead of iron. Actually any metal can be used although I've not seen a Twitch channel/YouTube video that seemed to know about that... I use the ore I have the most of when I'm ready to make my Tool Forge, usually aluminum.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I did the same thing. LOL Ended up with half a stack of Aluminum Brass Blocks (about 270 ingots worth). The only use I see for them, besides TiC molds, is TiC Silky Touch gems. The blocks do look pretty cool tho, with rows of bolts. Maybe the best use is for decorating, except I'm not much of a decorator or a builder.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There are other uses for aluminum brass, although I can't remember which mods or if they are updated and still on packs. There was one mod that used the blank templates you can cast in an empty casting table to make wire to put on spools for one.

You can also use blocks of aluminum brass for your tool forge instead of iron. Actually any metal can be used although I've not seen a Twitch channel/YouTube video that seemed to know about that... I use the ore I have the most of when I'm ready to make my Tool Forge, usually aluminum.

And ... one ingot for the Tinkers Knapsack, if that floats your boat!

Reactions: Gamefury64

LtHaus

Jul 29, 2019
if you use the enderIO fluid ducts you can pull out partials.. if you are creative you can use Item and fluid duct to pull out your metal and flip a lever to pull partials back into the smelter.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
if you use the enderIO fluid ducts you can pull out partials.. if you are creative you can use Item and fluid duct to pull out your metal and flip a lever to pull partials back into the smelter.
It occurs to me that mariculture has a "ladle" that might be ideal for this as well. You can scoop out minute amounts of molten metals just by right-clicking the basin or whatever its currently sitting in. Untested and possibly unrelated (requires Mariculture mod)