Tin, minor automation problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, Mindcrackers. As a design challenge, I decided to make a fully self-sustaining Tree Farm in a custom modpack based around Mindcrack in Creative. My current dillema is Fertilizer Production (everything else is easy.) As there's no way to manufacture Apatite I've discovered, the only way I've figured out to sustainably produce Fertilizer is with Saltpeter. A quick check with NEI seems to indicate the only way to sustainably produce that is to use a couple kinds of cells (what were they? Potassium, Nitrogen, and Compressed Air?) A simple Quicksand-based Enderman Farm with a Rotary Macerator and an Industrial Centrifuge can take care of the production of the relevant gases, but as the cells are used up in the recipe for Saltpeter, I need a way to produce cells. There's always Scrap, but as this is inefficient, the best way I can come up with to produce Cells renewably is to use Magma Crucibles powered by whatever power grid I'm using (I'll possibly require Electrical Engines powered by solar panels for this, due to the ridiculous energy cost) melting Cobblestone(!) and centrifuging Lava Cans. Not much excess Tin gets produced by this if I'm not using Refractory Capsules, which, from what my research shows, are difficult to automate the production of.

Would I be correct here? If it's relevant, I've added pretty much all Universal Electricity mods.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't tried myself, but I hear that the gregtech ElectricCraftingTable gives you your cells back. Might be worth a shot.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
well if you want a tree farm you can cut out all that stuff and just go the steves carts route

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Well, first of all, Steve's Carts is too easy, thus not making this a fun feat of engineering (despite the fact that I'm primarily in mathematics.) ;)