Timed Out problems on my FTB Infinity server

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

mik3yftw

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Timed Out problems on my FTB Infinity server
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Feed The Beast Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hello guys, recently I've been having issues in regards to staying online on a recently purchased server I bought. It was fine for the first 5 or so days, now when i fly around I get timed out from the server. The server stays up, I've been in touch with the server hosts and there's no problem as far as we're aware. I'm fairly positive it isn't my computer as I have an i7, 12gb ram (4gb dedicated to FTB launcher) GTX 750 gpu. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I've not done anything to my computer at all, so its not something i've done. I haven't added any new mods or removed any of the mods from the pack.

Could it be an ISP issue, seeing as it was working fine for awhile?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly positive that we can do shit nothing if you don't provide the required logs ^^,

mik3yftw

Jul 29, 2019
That's the problem, there seems to be nothing in the logs. I will try replicate the problem quickly and grab whatever log i can find from both my client and server

mik3yftw

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i know this is a massive file, but its my entire fml-latest log from my ftb folder, i've sent the same thing to my server host and someone told me something he thinks causing the issues. http://paste.ubuntu.com/13019456/ is the link to my log, here is a paste of what the server host told me http://paste.ubuntu.com/13019539/

I can safely rule out it being an ISP problem and I think I can rule out it being my computer as my friend joined me on my server tonight and the same thing happened to him at the exact same time as me! This makes me think there's either a problem with our client or a problem with the files on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently paying for a server I cant really use

Thanks,
mikey

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i know this is a massive file, but its my entire fml-latest log from my ftb folder, i've sent the same thing to my server host and someone told me something he thinks causing the issues. http://paste.ubuntu.com/13019456/ is the link to my log, here is a paste of what the server host told me http://paste.ubuntu.com/13019539/

I can safely rule out it being an ISP problem and I think I can rule out it being my computer as my friend joined me on my server tonight and the same thing happened to him at the exact same time as me! This makes me think there's either a problem with our client or a problem with the files on the server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently paying for a server I cant really use

Thanks,
mikey
Had that same problem when I had a portal open for portal gun. We took it out and now we dont have the problem anymore.

mik3yftw

Jul 29, 2019
I havent found a portal gun, I have a nether portal, runic dungeon portal and twilight forest portal. I did create a Mystcraft world to setup a quarry though. I've read before that mystcraft can cause some problems, I'm kinda hoping it isn't that though as I love mystcraft :(

I chose the same hosting company as a friend of a friend, he got the 2GB ram server for modded which was fine to play until anymore than 4 people got on then it started getting laggy, so I decided I'd go for an 8GB ram server thinking performance would improve and we wouldnt have any issues with us making mystcraft worlds etc, boy I was wrong! For the past week it's been just me on my own while my friend was on holiday and I have been randomly getting timed out. Kind of sucks, not sure if migrating to a new host would fix the issue.

Also, not sure about the server as when I check the console for my server it spams this
"31.10 11:28:19 [Server] Server thread/WARN Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 2563ms behind, skipping 51 tick(s)
31.10 11:28:07 [Server] Server thread/WARN Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 6334ms behind, skipping 126 tick(s)
31.10 11:27:47 [Server] Server thread/WARN Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 6080ms behind, skipping 121 tick(s)"

bad host or what?

Last edited:

mik3yftw

Jul 29, 2019
BUMP.

Anyone got any idea's as the hosting company seem like they're happy to take my money, but less than happy to try help figure this issue out!