Time warp?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
So I was reading through the bee wiki and found out that a timely bee has an affect of time warp. Anyone know how there could be a time warp in Minecraft?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
It may be on the feed the beast wiki, but Mil still wrote that section.

Oh, that is what you meant. Yeah, the various wikis steal from each other often enough. It is fairly annoying, and something that I think could be resolved by having an official wiki linked in the navigation bar at the top, as well as making sure the official wiki steals from all of the other wikis AND checks the data often. And, if possible, integration of a "[wiki]" tag to give you the page on the subject tagged (for example: "[wiki]bees[/wiki]" should give you a link to the bee wiki page, etc).

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
They can't link to external site's. However, I must inform you they didn't steal anything. Jadedcat asked him to be a wiki team member, and bring the beewiki along with him.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
They can't link to external site's. However, I must inform you they didn't steal anything. Jadedcat asked him to be a wiki team member, and bring the beewiki along with him.

Then they should internalize the wiki under the feed-the-beast.com domains as wiki.feed-the-beast.com (which you will see already exists, yet is empty http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?title=Main_Page).

And "steal" is perhaps a tainted word, but if they DON'T use other wikis/web pages for sourcing, then they are wasting a very valuable resource. They should check their data to confirm/deny that the data they find works, but there is NO shame at all in using another wiki to find more data than you'd have otherwise.

In reality, if the official wiki prided itself on having all things checked for sources, and had sources listed similar to Wikipedia, I'd say it would be easily the most popular as such.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
The Timely bee line is not in the version of Thaumic Bees currently shipping with the FTB DW pack.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, if you click the team button on the main page you can see who is working on it.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
As ICountFrom0 has said it:
Wiki team has always said, show you should be part of the team and you will be. The bee wiki surely is a perfect example of that.
The bee wiki was put out there with content, which wasn't currently in the official FTB wiki. Jadedcat saw it, liked it, asked if the contents could be imported into official one. Now I'm a member of the official wiki team.
What the official wiki currently lacks most in regard to beekeeping is a nice starting page, which will get you to your desired content. Currently the way is a bit convoluted and not very intuitive. The problem is known and will be solved :)

Btw: The Time Warp just gives you the slowness potion effect.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
Aww I really was hoping to time travell through that time wrap. I blame the theory of relativity.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I freely admit I loved the bee wiki and decided rather then duplicate MilCon's work (poorly) I would lure him and his team to the official wiki. I like luring good writers to the wiki. We do not link to anything other then official mod wiki's or mod threads, and we do not copy info from other wiki's , we either join forces or we write it up ourselves after we test and verify everything.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Lured us? What are we, fish? Anyway, for anyone that cares the Beekeeping for Newbies is on the wiki now.