TiCo & TC

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo:

What do you guys usually build? Why? I was thinking that for in-base stuff, I'd go for my advanced drill/chainsaw to do most of my work, with a TiCo super fast shovel.

Otherwise, my weapon would be the chain saw. But for out of base adventures (i.e. limited energy), I would opt to build TiCo tools. From what I've seen, paper rod is generally the way to go because of the speed/extra upgrade, but what else do you guys put on in terms of upgrades/metals?

TC:

No idea what this mod can do for a strong tech player like me. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind playing magic stuff, but it's more about being able to fully automate the processes, such that I can get some massively produced item from that process, so I can use it elsewhere.

i.e. So I can begin to scale my projects at a higher level, since my material source is fully automated, etc.

What do you guys use TC for? Aside from magic researching and stuff, are there any things that can be massively produced, to say... Produce energy? Another useful item?

Given the advantages of TiCo, I do strongly doubt I will need thaumium, just to get that one out of the way, right away.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo:

What do you guys usually build? Why? I was thinking that for in-base stuff, I'd go for my advanced drill/chainsaw to do most of my work, with a TiCo super fast shovel.

Otherwise, my weapon would be the chain saw. But for out of base adventures (i.e. limited energy), I would opt to build TiCo tools. From what I've seen, paper rod is generally the way to go because of the speed/extra upgrade, but what else do you guys put on in terms of upgrades/metals?

TC:

No idea what this mod can do for a strong tech player like me. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind playing magic stuff, but it's more about being able to fully automate the processes, such that I can get some massively produced item from that process, so I can use it elsewhere.

i.e. So I can begin to scale my projects at a higher level, since my material source is fully automated, etc.

What do you guys use TC for? Aside from magic researching and stuff, are there any things that can be massively produced, to say... Produce energy? Another useful item?

Given the advantages of TiCo, I do strongly doubt I will need thaumium, just to get that one out of the way, right away.
TC has golem minions that can do alot and help with TC automation

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Though that is true, is it really worth it to divest my time to get golems, when I already have my tech packs? I understand that golems have some niche that can only be filled by them, but I have yet to come into a situation where I absolutely required them.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Given the advantages of TiC, I doubt you'll need ANY other mod for tools.
Which is the problem with TiC, it makes any other mod's tools meaningless.

As for TC... Yeah, you can scale it up, at higher levels of TC Research. Having lots of materials and automation before getting into TC doesn't do you any favors in my experience, since most of the things you need you have to research first.

Also if you don't see a use of Thaumium because of TiC, here's my advice: Thaumium in TiC is a Obsidian Mining level material, adds extra modifier slots(albeit not as many as spamming paper can), and has a decent base speed and durability.

Reactions: DanteGalileo

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, given that I'd have to put in the time to manually make the thaumium, (I assume it's a manual process), wouldn't it be better to just igneous extruder obsdian/underwater quarry?

Well, not so much about TiCo making everything else useless, I do understand that. To minimize materials costs, I would more than likely make them all electric, thus removing my requirement for even the IC2 tools. My main question is what do you do? Is it worth it to use an upgrade slot to do electric? Can you upgrade infinitely via the diamond/netherstar thing?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, given that I'd have to put in the time to manually make the thaumium, (I assume it's a manual process), wouldn't it be better to just igneous extruder obsdian/underwater quarry?

Well, not so much about TiCo making everything else useless, I do understand that. To minimize materials costs, I would more than likely make them all electric, thus removing my requirement for even the IC2 tools. My main question is what do you do? Is it worth it to use an upgrade slot to do electric? Can you upgrade infinitely via the diamond/netherstar thing?
Thaumium is one of the easiest things to make in Thaumcraft, though.(and it's only manual until you automate it later on) Plus it's able to be found as dungeon loot, so there's that too if you're lazy and want some Thaumium for your tools.

You know what I do? I use other mods for my tools. Usually.(also yes, the upgrade slot for electric is only wasted if you don't put electric in it)
And the Diamond/Netherstar thing, uh, was a upgrade added that uses diamonds and nether stars that adds a upgrade slot? And if so, is it multi-use? It'd say in the manual if it's multi-use or single-use. And if it's single-use then no, you can apply it once. Just like every type of single-use upgrade.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing 1.4.7 for the longest time, so TiCo is one of the mods I've never played around with.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
In the new 4.1 update you are now able to automate any crucible crafting. The infusion altar can be piped/hoppered items into and can do any crucible operation given enough essentia

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well given my base design, I am entitled to no consider space for these things, even if I were to consider them in the future.

I am just more so wondering what you guys use TC for in synergy with othermods, or is it really just a mod in itself to have fun with.

i.e. BC is probably the MOST synergistic mod, aside from AE. MFR machines are versatile and are conducive to being able to integrate with any TE/IC2 system, not to mention AE compatibility.

What does TC do, that is similar to this?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
In the new 4.1 update you are now able to automate any crucible crafting. The infusion altar can be piped/hoppered items into and can do any crucible operation given enough essentia
You kinda could in TC4 as well; just was weird. Just read you post a tiny bit more. You know that there is a dedicated system to automate crucible crafting now, yes? No need to do it in the infusion altar.(and somehow I doubt it'll work there anymore)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
You kinda could in TC4 as well; just was weird. Just read you post a tiny bit more. You know that there is a dedicated system to automate crucible crafting now, yes? No need to do it in the infusion altar.(and somehow I doubt it'll work there anymore)
The infision altar does work. Azanor specificslly coded it that way, he even spent an hour on making golems work according to his post in... The thaumcraft 4.1 experience thread i believe? Also the first half of my post was referring to the crucible automation, ghe second half was infusion altar

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019

Nope. You can apply a diamond + gold block to gain an additional modifier ONCE. Same goes for the nether star.

For those that failed math class, that means that you can add 2 additional modifiers to however many your tool started with.

HERETIC! BLASPHEMY! KILL THE WITCH!

In all seriousness, though, TC can do some cool things.

Lamps of Growth, for example, that speed up crop growth, and Lamps of Fertility to breed animals.

Golems have been mentioned already. They're fantastic for automation.

Portable holes, Boots of the Traveler, and similar things are fun for getting around.

Do you have TT and TT Kami installed? An awakened Ichorum pick could probably outmatch any hammer in TiCo.

TT also adds some integration between golems and ComputerCraft, which could be fun if you know how to program.

Reactions: YX33A

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. Lamp of Growth, enlighten me. How can I obtain fastest, and how can I integrate to utilize with MFR harvester/planter for tree -> biomass -> biofuel.

So I installed GT, found dumbass platebending machine.

Superconductor, bowl, carrot and potato. Troll x344423232.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. Lamp of Growth, enlighten me. How can I obtain fastest, and how can I integrate to utilize with MFR harvester/planter for tree -> biomass -> biofuel.

Come to see the light, have you? Repent of your tech. Azanor is a merciful creator.

To target the lamp of Growth, research up to the Arcane Lamp in the "Artifice" tab. Then scan anything with Herba.

To integrate it with a MFR Harvester, just put the Lamp nearby and feed it Herba essentia.

If you want to harvest your crops without using power, though, use a golem with a Harvest core. You'll also need something to pick up the crops, though.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
UGH FUCK WHY DOES GT MAKE EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED.

Can I feed it herba essence via AE. I don't have any time to do manual stuff. I just want to be able to densify my tree production. If I want to have a (relatively) high expandability in terms of my core power production cycle, I will need to find every way I can to amplify my sapling/apple production process. Apple not so much, cause bee honey, but you get my point.

I typically give myself strong space restriction, since it makes me consider design application at a much higher level.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019

Can I feed it herba essence via AE. I don't have any time to do manual stuff. I just want to be able to densify my tree production. If I want to have a (relatively) high expandability in terms of my core power production cycle, I will need to find every way I can to amplify my sapling/apple production process. Apple not so much, cause bee honey, but you get my point.

I typically give myself strong space restriction, since it makes me consider design application at a much higher level.

Via AE? Probably not. You can do it with Alchemy golems or Essentia Tubes.

If you're having trouble obtaining Herba, sugar cane is a good source. Just stick it in an Alchemical Furnace and pipe out the Herba.

And yes, you can automate this whole process.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

You can't use AE to move Essentia(unless you're moving it in, say, phials or warded jars).
You could use Essentia Mirrors, but that's gated after all of those other mirror item porting systems IIRC.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
You can't use AE to move Essentia(unless you're moving it in, say, phials or warded jars).
You could use Essentia Mirrors, but that's gated after all of those other mirror item porting systems IIRC.
Actually Technomancy addon adds essentia in AE storage

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
...When did it add this?
And the only TC Addon I've heard on doing this was TC Integrations and it hasn't been released yet.
I believe it was technomancy, though now that ai think of it it may be integrations
*scirries off to check*