TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
TT for 1.6.4 and up will be a server wrapper, similar to how forge can be installed now where you start the server from the forge jar and the forge jar loads the server.

Will hopefully have a testable build up soon.
You should include a way to schedule events and commands with the wrapper.

Blaze the Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to prevent TT 1.0.0.2104 from patching specific mods?

I run a 1.4.7 server with RedPower and Mystcraft, so I'm not looking for a fix. Along with TT breaking teleporting this mod also completely breaks RedPower computers, frames and logic. Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019

I run a 1.4.7 server with RedPower and Mystcraft, so I'm not looking for a fix. Along with TT breaking teleporting this mod also completely breaks RedPower computers, frames and logic. Is there any way around this?

Thanks
Sure that is tickthreading? I have a ultimate server and those items are unaffected by tickthreading.

Blaze the Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Sure that is tickthreading? I have a ultimate server and those items are unaffected by tickthreading.

It doesn't happen for all frames and logic, but it's 1 in 2 builds that no-longer work. Normally you can pulse frame motors every 800ms but now it's somewhere between 800-1200ms, and sometimes even that isn't slow enough. On top of that, if I TP away from a computer running Microsoft BASIC it hits an out of memory error. I have about 20 computers that run around the clock so it's a big problem. I've tried changing settings 'clean worlds' and 'movement updates' but neither help.

That, and any TP command is almost /suicide. I use forge essentials but vanilla TP also bugs out.

Hopefully it is fixable, mystcraft is a server killer without it :)

ferengi4

Jul 29, 2019
This looks really cool and I really want this for tekkit classic/Minecraft 1.2.5? Is that at all possible?

nallar

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks
The way TT's patching works is that the core patching changes minecraft server code to make world + tile/entity ticks threaded, and the patches for mods are to fix things that the first patch broke.

Not patching redpower will make it more broken, not less.

Blaze the Fox

Jul 29, 2019
The way TT's patching works is that the core patching changes minecraft server code to make world + tile/entity ticks threaded, and the patches for mods are to fix things that the first patch broke.

Not patching redpower will make it more broken, not less.

Do you know if this is a common problem or do you think it just my server that's doing this? Do you have any suggestions of things I can try to get it to work better?

Love the mod btw, it's what minecraft has been needing for awhile now. Thanks for replying.

Eternia Logic

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh... I hated md5's response to when I tried making minecraft mutltithreaded... they said it's "Impossible" with the set of manpower. You seem to have made a somewhat working implementation!
Mine "Was" TerraCore. (google it) I had also tried a second rendition called "Advanced Minecraft Performance" or ForgeAMP for short.

I got some pretty good results, (200-1000% increase in performance on a 70-player server) but wasn't able to find other people who wanted to support me.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
So, to clarify, the reason the 1.6.4 build doesn't work is to do with a memory leak caused by zombies?

If so, would that build work properly if zombies were disabled in the world? I was going to try this, but on installation the mod refuses to launch.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
No, the mod is not ready and its not being worked on actively from what I can tell. Nallar will probably be back to resume work, but until then we just have to accept worse performance.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
Or revert to 1.5.2. I'll be doing that if only I can get the Enhanced Portals 2 mod to work with Diremod20 without crashing.

sismojack

Jul 29, 2019
if the next TT is the main server will we still be able to use it alongside of mcpc+ to use different plugin or will that be impossible?

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
Question: If TT is installed and patched to the mods on a server, and then removed, will those patched mods still run okay or is it necessary to replace them with untouched copies of themselves? (Sorry if I'm lacking a fundamental understanding of how the mod works.)

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
Question: If TT is installed and patched to the mods on a server, and then removed, will those patched mods still run okay or is it necessary to replace them with untouched copies of themselves? (Sorry if I'm lacking a fundamental understanding of how the mod works.)
TT makes backup copies of anything it patches in the TickThreadingBackups folder. Anything that has a backup made will need to be restored from that backup after removing TT.

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to test at the moment, but I still haven't worked out how to get the jar to run on Windows. How do?

The Corvid

Jul 29, 2019
No, that's not how it works anymore. It's a server wrapper now. When you place it in the mods folder, the server fails to start and then the TickThreading logs read that you need to place the jar into the main server directory and then run it. I'm just not sure how to run a jar in Windows, as I'm not very familiar with Java.