TickThreading - concurrent entity/tile entity ticks and other optimisations

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
What are people's thoughts on moving straight on to 1.7?

How long do we expect to be stuck with 1.6? I don't want TT to constantly be behind on minecraft versions.

edit: I was just reviewing the stats for TT over at mcstats. Very surprised to see people still using it on 1.5, that wasn't even stable on my few player test server...

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019

How long do we expect to be stuck with 1.6? I don't want TT to constantly be behind on minecraft versions.

edit: I was just reviewing the stats for TT over at mcstats. Very surprised to see people still using it on 1.5, that wasn't even stable on my few player test server...

I think you should do 1.6.4, its going to be like Ultimate where its a long term version that will be played for a long time. Give it some time before moving to 1.7, in my opinion 1.7 is a nightmare, with Mojang going to from 1.7.2 to 1.7.9 freakishly fast because of the all the bugs introduced.

Xile

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. Stay on 1.6.4 for now. The majority of mods aren't for 1.7 yet and almost every single Modpack is for 1.6.4 currently. So I believe that releasing for 1.6.4 will give players the most benefit. Plus with the rate of updates to 1.7.x by mojang I feel its best to let them settle on a build before starting to work on something that very well may get broken a week later.

Edit:
Also many mods currently still actively develop and update for 1.6.4. And many that are on 1.7.x maintain a 1.6.4 version as well so I think 1.6.4 is far from dead.

Jammie

Jul 29, 2019

I agree with everyone else saying 1.6.4. Who knows how long it will take the FTB team to get a stable 1.7 pack. I know a lot of server owners are eagerly anticipating TT for 1.6.4.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013

If you take a look at server lists you will still find a lot of big 1.4.6 servers that advertise with tickthreading and no lag thanks to it. So I would assume that a 1.6.4 build would be worth it but only if you think it would be possible to create a "stable/usable" build within 2-3 months. One question, if you would create a 1.6.4 version would that speed up 1.7 or would it be double work? Besides that would it be much work to only create a patcher, that we could patch mods with ease that use linked lists instead of hashsets and more of that stuff like the gregtech ic2 issue with the enegery levels..?

saki2fifty

Jul 29, 2019
By an overwhelming 100% majority

Well, i'll of course the be one that tips the scale! :D Yes, definitely good that this is being updated again (thanks!), and was kinda hoping 1.7 would be the focus. I know a lot of mods are still on 1.6, but why not bite the bullet and jump on 1.7.2. MCP is already @ 1.7.2 so its only a matter of time before authors update their mod to 1.7. If you dont, then TT will be 2 major versions behind when 1.8 is released.

So I vote 1.7!

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
Abrar still alive ? :D

nice to see you back on TT. once you have a stable...ish version. Will use it on my server and help with bug-tracking

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
Nice I have always wanted to try this but always been afraid it would kill my server.
Glad to know it will be worked on again I'd love to try it out

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for a 1.6.4 version. Want to open my server up to more people, but waiting for this first.

nallar

Jul 29, 2019
The latest builds should now be testable. DO NOT INSTALL ON A SERVER INTENDED FOR ACTUAL USE. Running on a copy of a known working server is a good idea.

For now, please only report issues that fit into one of these categories:
* Noticeably broken in-game while trying to play
* Errors in console AFTER the server has finished starting
* Crash on startup

If you just get warnings on startup, do not report these yet.

Please make sure you're not creating a duplicate issue - read through the full list. https://github.com/nallar/TickThreading/issues?state=open

Suggested things to test across chunk boundaries:
* AE systems
* BC pipes, liquid pipes and power pipes
* Factorization barrels

Last edited:

Beaver01

Jul 29, 2019
L E G E N D A R Y !

I thought I would never use the command ./ticks ever again! Hats off to the team. I can confirm Im running TT on FTB Monster 1.1.1 and MCPC. Will try it out with more people on later today.